Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Here are a few answers to the above questions, all lumped into a single post.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
One quick question, what would the appropriate command be to sync all/some calendars from the command line with this version (for use with alarmed) for auto sync?
Hmmm command-line sync ability has been removed in this version, but it's easy to put it back in. I've made a note to add it back for the next release.

Originally Posted by mobiledivide
BTW you should really update the original post to let people know that the app has reached one-click install status and is ready for widespread testing
First post updated, thank you for the reminder!

Originally Posted by Phadric
- when there is no profile configuret yet the buttons for edit and sync should be deactivated to prevent ugly exceptions.
Right, this is something to address as soon as possible

- after creating new local calendar another calendar gets selected for sync and you have to choose manually that you want to sync with the newly created calendar
Yup, I agree that the newly created calendar should be selected by default. Will make it so.

- an option would be nice to crate a new local calendar with the same name of the google calendar
Also a good idea. I just have to think how to integrate this option in the GUI

Originally Posted by zombiepig
Maybe hitting the Google Account button should bring up the preferences window if there's no accounts entered?
Good point. I will see what I can do for this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
I realize that the button at the bottom of the main window are not completely intuitive. Here is a screenshot with the action associated with each button:

If you have any suggestion about alternative icons that may be more explicit, feel free to send them my way

Last edited by lorelei; 2010-03-09 at 08:54.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Hi! Nice job! Except for the fact that I haven't been able to sync once.
Is there anything I should pay attention to?

Rodrigo

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Maybe a stupid question - but I couldn't figure that out - does erminig allow an auto sync at given interval of time - like it is possible with MfE?

Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
Hi! Nice job! Except for the fact that I haven't been able to sync once.
Is there anything I should pay attention to?
Can you detail step by step what you are doing to perform the sync?
And before that, please remove the file ~/.erminig.db, so that we start on a clean base (open terminal, and run the following command: rm ~/.erminig.db : this will remove the configuration file).

thanks

Originally Posted by todor_tsankov View Post
Maybe a stupid question - but I couldn't figure that out - does erminig allow an auto sync at given interval of time - like it is possible with MfE?
Not yet. For the moment the sync must be performed manually.

Future version will support syncing via the command-line (so that you can put entries in crontab or in alarmed), and eventually it will integrate a built-in way of auto-sync (but that one is not very high in the priority list for the moment)

i have also tested it:

first when you press that big plus to add a profile. And then you press google account you get an error because there are no google accounts yet. That has to be made through the settings.
I think if you start up the program for the first time and there are not google accounts yet. Ask for it so that users first create a account before doing anything else.
or that button that is in the profile should see that there are not google accounts and give you an option to create one.

When i do create in the settings a google account, then on that place it is not tested directly. So when i make a typo (which i did) then when i go to the profile i tells me that it cant connect. Then i have to go back to the settings to fix that. I think when you add an account in the settings you should test it there. So that users are done with that.

Then i created a new calendar locally on my N900 to match with a google calc. But when i say new and i created a new one. That new one was not selected that was the default one. (previously no one was selected so it did select one after the new) this should be ofcourse the new one you just created.

In new profile, i would just select the google account if there is just one.. Why let people choose something when there is no choice.
When you do select that account, it takes a while without any progress, i guess it would be nice that the connection does happen in the background and that the ui is telling us that it is trying to connect.

Does anybody know why we cant import google calendars that are of those other category that google does supply (others -> sports and so on) I notice that those dont have a iCalc or XML but only a html, i guess google doesnt want those to be shared?

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
first: so happy that this is out, great job.

same issues as some of the above when starting out (issues with no google account being configured + created calendar not being selected by default)

Found another issue: having an existing profile highlighted and then hitting "+" to create a new profile, the new profile overwrites the existing profile that was highlighted.

apart from that, everything synced fine (4 calendars)

The Following User Says Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
I realize that the button at the bottom of the main window are not completely intuitive. Here is a screenshot with the action associated with each button:

If you have any suggestion about alternative icons that may be more explicit, feel free to send them my way
I think Add, Edit, Delete are pretty universal. Sync all is also pretty easy to figure out.

Maybe for Sync Selected, add a "1" (on top of) to the graphic?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Can you detail step by step what you are doing to perform the sync?
And before that, please remove the file ~/.erminig.db, so that we start on a clean base (open terminal, and run the following command: rm ~/.erminig.db : this will remove the configuration file).

thanks
Thanx...let's see:
1- I went to settings and added a google account, I didn't add the @gmail.com just the user name;
2- I went to Add a new profile, chose the google account created befre, local source I chose N900, and saved the profile;
3- I clicked the yellow sync and got the bug info.

I tried the same procedures changing the google account adding the @gmail.com;
Also tried using the other local source for the calendar.

No success so far...

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization