Active Topics

Originally Posted by miri View Post
First you have to delete the maps zip file in cities, then unplug the phone, restart it and it should work fine. Try to plug the USB cable in the back of your pc for better performance.
keep it in mass storage

Originally Posted by miri View Post
First you have to delete the maps zip file in cities, then unplug the phone, restart it and it should work fine. Try to plug the USB cable in the back of your pc for better performance.
do i have to delete EVERYTHING in cities? including the diskcache and Maploader folders? i don't appear to have any zip files, but i do have some cdt files in the disk-cache subfolder?

[edit] all is good now [/edit]

Last edited by REMFwhoopitydo; 2010-03-06 at 19:32.

Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
Map loader software does NOT work.

I have win7 64 and am running the map loader in XP compatibility mode and as an administrator, having also installed the PC suite.

i have tried connecting the phone both in PC suite mode and in mass storage mode, and all the map loader does is moan at me that there is at least one device already connected and to reconnect the phone in pc suite mode.

it's a bunch of bobbins!

what is the least toss method of getting offline maps onto my n900 for those of us without a working map loader?

cheers
as an update, i have tried it on an XP SP2 PC downstairs, and it still doesn't work.

as an upside, i can no longer connect my phone as a straight up USB storage device to my win 7 PC cos the phone just spits up some error message about insufficient power and the computer never detects it.

[edit] be careful about installing nokia pc software, it is not very good. [/edit]

Last edited by REMFwhoopitydo; 2010-03-06 at 20:31.

bump.

............itybump