Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Persian Gulf, Iran
Hi everybody,

My phone was shutdown due to battery shortage. When I plug it to power and start it, it went to a mode with a dim nokia logo and stayed in the same situation for long time. Then I press and hold the power button to restart it. But the screen went black and now it doesn't respond to power button anymore. I mean nothing happens when I press the power button. Only when I plug it to power supply, the LED blinks with a very short red light. I even tried to unplug and plug battery as well, but no success.

Can anyone let me know what shall I do? Flashing the handset will solve the problem?

--
Thanks,
irix

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio, Finland
I am not quite sure, but I have concluded that N900 need some, certain level of battery power to be able to recharge battery. It seems like your phone isn't able to charge anymore because of low battery level. Try to get another battery or bring it back to shop for repair/recharge.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
get someone else to charge your battery for you. done!

otherwise get a 5800 and charge it up, or get a desktop charger. I got a desktop charger and it fixes alot of problems when the battery died and you can get a spare battery as well.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-03-14 at 08:09.

Is there any other handset with the same battery? So I can put my battery in that one and recharge my battery?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by irix View Post
Is there any other handset with the same battery? So I can put my battery in that one and recharge my battery?

NOKIA 5800 express music

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
get someone else to charge your battery for you. done!

otherwise get a 5800 and charge it up, or get a desktop charger. I got a desktop charger and it fixes alot of problems when the battery died and you can get a spare battery as well.
Thanks, One of my friends have 5800, I'll try it and post the result.

@maxximuscool Thanks a lot man, It worked and now I have my N900 back. But it is really stupid that N900 couldn't charge it!