Active Topics

Closed Thread
just open the bug and you can see the target milestone and you can see there. i checked couple of bugs and it all marked as PR 1.2.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How do we know that all are included?
Because they all marked as fixed in PR1.2

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Because they all marked as fixed in PR1.2
it does say 1.2 milestone LOL

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How do we know that all are included?
Because I marked them as such, and I would never ever lie.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Maybe some background here from the bugmaster's point of view:

A few months ago, I started using a generic Target Milestone in Bugzilla called "5.0/+" and set this Milestone plus the status RESOLVED FIXED for reports that "will be fixed in the next update of Maemo5" (at that time).

However, Nokia surprisingly started releases like PR1.0.1 (1.2009.44-1) or PR1.1.1 (3.2010.02-8) that only contained some cherry-picked fixes which not only surprised me and made the assumption that I had written ("will be fixed in the next update of Maemo5") a lie, unfortunately. So I started writing "Will be fixed in the a future update (not necessarily the next one)".

However, that sucks too of course. So today I set at least those reports for which I absolutely know that they will be included in the future PR1.2 update to an explicit Target Milestone called "5.0/(PR1.2)".

This does NOT mean that this "Fixes in PR1.2" list is complete yet.
It's just those fixed issues that I'm sure of so far as they were fixed two weeks ago or earlier, as Nokia in the past always had 2 or 3 weeks between packaging the update internally and releasing that update for public. Those 2 or 3 weeks are used for testing, verification etc - you know, bureaucracy is slow.

Plus it also makes it easier for Nokians in maemo.org Bugzilla to set realistical Target Milestones. A bit less frustration for everybody, hopefully.

Hope that helps a bit in understanding.

Last edited by Andre Klapper; 2010-03-15 at 20:39. Reason: typofix

...and as a shameless plug for the maemo.org Bugsquad: There is a Bugday tomorrow, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...242#post560242 . Say Hello on IRC if you want to. :-)

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
However, Nokia surprisingly started releases like PR1.0.1 (1.2009.44-1) or PR1.1.1 (3.2010.02-8) that only contained some cherry-picked fixes which not only surprised me and made the assumption that I had written ("will be fixed in the next update of Maemo5") a lie, unfortunately.
Sorry for you, but I actually prise Nokia for doing it. PR1.0.1 and PR1.1 were actually a RELIABILITY fixes and it's delay could harm not only Nokia public image but it's customers too. For exam, I considered the question "stay with N900 or not" depending from Nokia fix of "random crash" bug even I had no this problem. It was fixed and the rest is just nuisance (sorry again for you).

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Sorry for you, but I actually prise Nokia for doing it.
Well, me too. I never said that those releases were unneeded or something, they just surprised me when it came to my workflow.

(I think we all agree (hence nothing to discuss) that we want Nokia to publish updates more often or in the long run switch to package based updates that could happen every day like any other Linux Desktop distro, instead of huge updates only every few weeks or months...)

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
I think we all agree (hence nothing to discuss) that we want Nokia to publish updates more often or in the long run switch to package based updates that could happen every day like any other Linux Desktop distro, instead of huge updates only every few weeks or months...
Actually, I think it may be not very good idea - often releases for general public. Other Linux distros are actually for geeks besides some very conservative (like Slackware). And minimizing the number of upgrades by packing multiple fixes is not bad idea too.

But I can suggest an early release of bug fixes to people who has interest in it. That would dramatically increase a tester base and improve the quality PLUS improve the customer morale.

That is a "has interest in it" - it is a matter of different approaches. One exam - anybody who vote for bug (plus bug reporter).

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
But I can suggest an early release of bug fixes to people who has interest in it. That would dramatically increase a tester base and improve the quality PLUS improve the customer morale.
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._packages-002/ ?

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever