Active Topics

haha I reboot my N900 and it work now I know this is what I been looking for !! thank you~
now I can change wallpaper each of them and I can even see them from Manage Views hehe

hey shini, u gotta nice luck. mine is giving me some issues in managing those desktops.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Installing modified-hildon-desktop 1.13 only made things worse -- the extra desktop went totally black. So I uninstalled 1.13 (the uninstall crashes with a shell error!) then reinstalled hildon-desktop (apt-get install --reinstall hildon-desktop), then installed modified-hildon-desktop 1.13 again with dpkg -i. That did the trick.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Installing modified-hildon-desktop 1.13 only made things worse -- the extra desktop went totally black. So I uninstalled 1.13 (the uninstall crashes with a shell error!) then reinstalled hildon-desktop (apt-get install --reinstall hildon-desktop), then installed modified-hildon-desktop 1.13 again with dpkg -i. That did the trick.
Same thing happened here... and did the same thing and it worked too.. that was weird!!

are u guys able to change their backgrounds ? can u also view the desktops vertically n diagnally ? jst help if u guys can.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I had the same problem. I followed what you did but the outcome was not the same.
I still have a black screen for the 5th desktop =(

it got worst.
the 5th black screen disappeared now
and i can no longer change the remaining 4 desktop wallpapers using the wallpaper manager

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
to be productive I have limited my self to 2 home screens. (save a lot of time not having to swipe and swipe)

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
Is there a way to have the 9 desktops in a 3x3 grid with one image over them like one big desktop. To navigate around the desktops you could zoom out (quick zoom/one press) so that all nine desktops were visible, (the default desktop) like clickable thumbnails, as well as swiping between desktops.

Last edited by spoonbuddy; 2010-03-17 at 10:36.

no buddy thats not possible. I tried this thing but same theme-ing problem happened to me as the above blank no background selection image. I recommend each and everybody to back off themselves from this hilon thing. Moreove I had to reflash my device.