Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
OK, while you laughing, the simple question - where is an affordable phone with video calls on market?

I suspect you are a spy from XXII century...
And you my friend are missing the point .

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
And I see no more fanboy to comment...
And think about it... in this forum there are more 3d for complians that for new app...

Any way... bye and peace
Endri I agree with everything you say. Never mind all the ultra teccy stuff this phone is supposed to do but bog standard features for the average man in the street ( or woman in my case) just arent there.The media player is just dreadful.
cant even edit a profile pic on facebook.Maps are awful. Simple to do list requires a degree, thank god have since found Conboy.
Every day im resisting going back to my n95.
I cant even open email attachments without BUYING AN APP! What a nonsense. hate it and am stuck with it for almost 2 years

ok hit me with a barrage of troll comments. I dont care anymore. Just dont understand why so many people are defending it.

The Following User Says Thank You to cortina61 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scottlfa View Post

For me the device HAD to do the following things well;

1. Play any movie format I downloaded to the PC without conversion [media player codec pack did the trick]
2. Browse the web in desktop fashion, no constant zooming or fidgeting with mobile pages etc ...
3. Serve the role as a good mp3 player, lets face it my old 97 Taurus's speakers aren't the best so a excellent mp3 player would be pointless
[Recently discovered a way to use the accelerometer to change song tracks in the default player just by moving the device, useful]
4. Receive my pop emails in a true desktop fashion, I use claws-mail for this.
5. Keep in text contact with wife and select friends
6. Make the occasional phone call, seriously I barely use 200 minutes in a month, most calls are hey hows things going. Generally I text everything.

Extras I liked in the phone; Nice camera, reasonable keyboard and a pleasant enough UI. Love the solid feel of it, not cheap feeling like some devices.
e90 did that as well (video playback was much worse, though, but you could do with core player). But it was not enough.

Originally Posted by cortina61 View Post
Every day im resisting going back to my n95.
I cant even open email attachments without BUYING AN APP! What a nonsense. hate it and am stuck with it for almost 2 years

ok hit me with a barrage of troll comments. I dont care anymore. Just dont understand why so many people are defending it.
Actually, you can. It is just several times slower, if you mean MS Office documents.

@cortina61, it may not work for you but I had fun reading few docs in google doc online.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
[QUOTE=Endri;567682]Initially I thought that Nokia will give full support to the device, maemo6, portrait a decent phone app etc...
This never happened. The PR1.1 etc is nothing to write home about it.
And then suddenly MEEGO was here... and maemo?
And what about the rootfs stupidity? 32 gb and no space in root for a linux device... totally nonsense

This is wrong.. you can change this.

BTW I grabbed a Nexus ONE... it is really hot... and I can even sync my calendar and mail with gmail? Something so easy to be impossible on the N900...
You can do this with Erminig.. just download it.

and Android is way more mature and stable that this heavy bulky device.
You'll be missing the browser, flash, the camera, hd space, etc.. etc. You know.. if you do something on Android you'll be loosing warranty.

I'll be back to see what new mess Nokia will create with meego... to laugh...
If you do.. get your facts stright first!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
Don't you guys think that we've paid 500-600euro and that amount of money could have gotten us any kind of TOP smartphone with already polished OS, yet we stuck now with the N900 with a half-baked one?

...and it feels like Nokia simply doesn't care about us any more and moves on with the mass market next gen MeeGo OS and device.

Saying the above I don't really care about getting a MeeGo 1.0 on the N900, not even close to that. What I need is the hardware and phone capabilities being covered with a finished software (navigation, front camera support, soft that covers basic functions that even the cheapest symbian phone does!)

Back then in September 2009 Nokia should have stated that the N900 is a developer's device only, that's why a MeeGo DEV distro is going to hit the N900 shortly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stantheboss For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=AlMehdi;570105]
Initially I thought that Nokia will give full support to the device, maemo6, portrait a decent phone app etc...
This never happened. The PR1.1 etc is nothing to write home about it.
And then suddenly MEEGO was here... and maemo?
And what about the rootfs stupidity? 32 gb and no space in root for a linux device... totally nonsense

This is wrong.. you can change this.

You can do this with Erminig.. just download it.

You'll be missing the browser, flash, the camera, hd space, etc.. etc. You know.. if you do something on Android you'll be loosing warranty.

If you do.. get your facts stright first!
Lol,looks like you need to do some research.Nexus One has Flash 10,unlike the Nokia which has Flash 9.So how come he`ll miss the flash and browser?

The Following User Says Thank You to cryox92 For This Useful Post:
I am done with this NOKIA madness... We can say that I bought 2 nokia phone in one. The first and the last.
Hear hear. Nokia has totally lost direction. Nowadays they just put crappy unfinished hardware into the markets and treat their paying customers as beta-testers.

i think all developers should stop making apps for maemo 5, this is ridiculous if nokia left us cold with only 4 months out of market. this is gonna be my last nokia phone if they dont come up with acceptable updates.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollowplayer For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-bye losers, disappointment, hello freedom, n900 != phone, relax