Active Topics

ya ya ya we thought maemo thing is the new os that nokia comes up with to compete with iphone and android thats why it draw buyers, now they are abandoning 4 months old os that third party developers spend so much time on it? add insult to injury announced that new meego will not support n900, ive been nokia user for my whole life, well this gonna be my last phone, apple treats their customers better when they constantly load up new updates to their old phones.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by hollowplayer View Post
ya ya ya we thought maemo thing is the new os that nokia comes up with to compete with iphone and android thats why it draw buyers, now they are abandoning 4 months old os
Not true.

that third party developers spend so much time on it? add insult to injury announced that new meego will not support n900,
Again - not true.

ive been nokia user for my whole life, well this gonna be my last phone, apple treats their customers better when they constantly load up new updates to their old phones.
Good luck, sir.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Dear Hoppa123,

I read the thread and I know that it has been recommended more than once, but you didn't give an exact answer.

Did you try to reflash the eMMC as well?
It is well described here.
After flashing the eMMC, flash your N900 with the latest firmware. Perhaps this will solve your problem. If not, you should really call Nokia and have the device replaced.

Yes i did tons of times. and once in flash routine i got an error the flash wasnt readable. i rebooted the device. did it again. and then it worked. THIS show clearly that there is a problem with the flash. but it isnt occur always. That why nokia refuses to replace the unit. as they dont want to test it for a full day i think.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Hey hoppa. Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who got a faulty device. Here is, in short my ordeal:
- Got the N900 mid of December lst year. I was really happy about it altogether, most because of the opensource community supporting it. Thats the way to go.
- When PR 1.1 came out, i installed it over the air --> phone dead (Did not restart)
- Reflashed to the old firmware -> worked again.
- Thought i'm to stupid (even though i have a Ph.D. in computer science ;-), took it to a nokia care point. Took them 2 weeks to have a look at it.
- 2 weeks later: They didnt manage to get the PR 1.1 installed, they reflashed the old one.
- 5 weeks ago: Decided that i can't go without PR 1.1 (new proggies are written for it). Took it to another care point. They said: No problem, we'll flash it, (you're too stupid).
- 4.5 weeks ago: They bricked the device, sent it to nokia. So i have a 600€ device which is not even in my possession since last month, where i have to tremble if it reboots when i install an update, where i have to turn OFF bluetooth, WLAN, desktop widgets, GPS, messengers and everything else thats useful if i don't want to charge the device after 6 hours (about the same battery life as my eeepc).

now you may ask why i don't go for the iPhone? Because if the same amount of ppl had bought the N900 it would be far better now than the iphone.

Still, definitively a bump for thsi thread from me ;-)

I hope you will be helped same as me with my n900. My dad uses the N900 and he is very glad with it. I wish i could say the same. but that is not yet for me.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
PR1.2 user manual is leaked - http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N900_UG_en.pdf

Page 59 - Internet Video calls.

Any competitors?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hoppa123 View Post
I hope you will be helped same as me with my n900. My dad uses the N900 and he is very glad with it. I wish i could say the same. but that is not yet for me.
Why don't you just buy an "!ph0n€" and make haste from this forum?
Obviously you're only around to troll and have brought no other contribution to this community whatsoever.

So take my advice and buzz of

well if you took at least a few minutes reading my posts carefully than you would have read that it was a *joke* thing of the Iphone. But since you didnt took that time. i recommend you to read it again. I will never use such a closed device as the apple iphone !

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
PR1.2 user manual is leaked - http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N900_UG_en.pdf

Page 59 - Internet Video calls.

Any competitors?
That will be for SIP Calls not for Skype !

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Why don't you just buy an "!ph0n€" and make haste from this forum?
Obviously you're only around to troll and have brought no other contribution to this community whatsoever.

So take my advice and buzz of
Plonk.

You're obviously incapable of reading otherwise you'd accept the OP has a genuine issue that Nokie refuses to fix. Even Texrat recognises that. As for trolling, exactly what does your contribution give other than to put this forum (and by association all Maemo enthusiasts) into a bad light?

Perhaps we should have a new thread "worst Nokia apologist and fanboy".

The Following User Says Thank You to Northerner For This Useful Post:

Tags
boner should go limp, die already!!!, let me die!!!