Hi All,
Is there a mode/system/program that will load e-books onto my N800 in a way they can be read. Using PDF only gives me a tiny text and if I enlarge the text then the page becomes too large to fit into the page width and thus I would have to scroll every line. lol. Any help would be appreciated gentlemen.
Ron, Wales, Uk

I have Calibre which can change one format into another.

There isn't much PDF reflow support, but since you're using calibre you can convert to an epub and open using FBReader, which has reflow and a whole load of other customisation options.

I tend to use Evince (pdf reader in extras) and then just zoom to text width to read.

fbreader and fb2 format, though mostly popular in russian world but you can find a lot of texts of any kind in English too.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Try MGutenburg - in extras I think.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Great gentlemen, Thank you so much. have gone to FBreader site and got the software.
Thanks.
Ron, Wales, UK

Hi Again (lol),
Thanks to all you guys I went onto Fbreader and got the latest version. It was a steep learning curve, but got it sorted now. I have one problem, and that is I always seem to end up with two copies of each book I load. I think one list says something abot 'Tags' and the other list does not. I obviously do not need two copies, but I cannot find out how to remove one set, so again any help would be welcome.
Thanks.
Ron, Wales, UK

You might find this link contains a lot of useful info about setting up FBreader.

http://www.teleread.org/2007/08/29/f...inux-handheld/

Last edited by 46jimbo; 2010-03-20 at 17:21.

Hi 46jimbo.
Many thanks for the URl, it appears to have all the answers to my queries.
Thanks Again,
Ron, Wales, UK,

On the n900 (not sure about n800) also you can reflow on the browser (shift * ctrl - i ) and you can covert the files using pdftohtml.

Not perfect but works - I love fbreader but it doesn't support html tables....

Cheers

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I wish I could read rss feeds in FBReader...