I'm having a major issue with my N900s keyboard software.

The actual button keyboard works fine, but I'm not getting any auto correction, predictive text, capitalisation, ANYTHING.

I've done a software reset, but that did nothing, I've toggled on and off and on the options for these in Settings, but that does nothing.

I have uninstalled an re-installed uKeyboard, that did nothing.

What the flap?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by kiplinght View Post

The actual button keyboard works fine, but I'm not getting any auto correction, predictive text, capitalisation, ANYTHING.

I've done a software reset, but that did nothing, I've toggled on and off and on the options for these in Settings, but that does nothing.

What the flap?

untick the virtual keyboard and then reboot (xterminal: sudo reboot) and then after the device is turned on, turn it off and take the battery out for 15seconds. Turn the phone back on and then then tap on the SMS and and try tapping a few times on the new line.

reboot again and then enable the virtual keyboard. Voila! good as new

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
untick the virtual keyboard and then reboot (xterminal: sudo reboot) and then after the device is turned on, turn it off and take the battery out for 15seconds. Turn the phone back on and then then tap on the SMS and and try tapping a few times on the new line.

I can't to sudo reboot. It asks for a password, what's the password?

"default password and how to change it" thread explains that there is no default root password. However to perform the command you want you need to install the rootsh package then you can use the following:

sudo gainroot
reboot

I am repeating what user hypnotik has posted

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post

i have done the exact thing but no luck.. tried few other solution from other post but no luck. please help...

Originally Posted by bari86 View Post
i have done the exact thing but no luck.. tried few other solution from other post but no luck. please help...
Same. Couldn't get it to work at all

Even tried restore factory settings

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by kiplinght View Post

What the flap?
Was it working before?
or you got a N900 with Chinese input or some other input installed?

Install the Chinese input methods will replace the original input which disables the virtual keyboard, auto correction and etc exatly what you're saying.

My friend had same issue and with only removing battery for a while solved problem.