Active Topics

Originally Posted by fake View Post
I would say no, not yet. So far, only a single order has failed to arrive. (I mailed it again, no big deal).

Why don't you forward your shipping confirmation back to me, and I'll see what I can do about taking care of the problem.
Hi Fake,

I have still not received my order.
I have forwarded the Shipping confirmation email back to you.

Please can you make enquires from your end to see what the problem is

Thanks

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
There is next to nothing I can do about tracking these orders, so I'll send you another one. Email sent.

Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
You know what would be nice? Some premium stylii from alternative materials, like a nice hardwood (e.g. purpleheart, snakewood, et.c.) or aluminium. I know that may be unlikely to be feasible but I would certainly welcome the option

Maybe I am just daft

) I have something in mind, I hope to announce really soon. I think everyone is going to be really happy with it.

Unfortunately my laser is not powerful enough to cut metal. The bottle-opener suggestion above was pure genius. I'm talking to some shops with water-jet cutters....

The Following User Says Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
danramos, thank you so much for the high compliments -- I'll respond substantially soon -- have to run to a birthday dinner for my brother!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@fake: My university ordered 6 stands a while ago, at my suggestion (I'm an undergrad doing research using N900s), and they arrived today. I must say, I'm impressed. They work better than I'd hoped, and are well constructed. Well worth the money (although I didn't spend it... :P). Ironically enough, we ordered an extra stand, and then two more phones came in today from Nokia.
Nice work, and fully recommended - if the pictures and video weren't recommendation enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I am also looking for a suitable stylus to replace the cheap plastic one that comes with our beloved N900. I so miss the quality of the N800 one...
So far I have bought two different ones on EBay. One is practically all metal and is also telescopic, but has to be unscrewed to be used and it hangs from a lanyard, and that makes it less than practical, thought it is still very nice indeed. The other is the one from the N97.

An all metal or wood stylus with a plastic tip covering would be fantastic. For it to be perfect, however, it needs to fit into the N900 stylus receptacle. If you make one, please let me know. I will buy at least 5.

Oh! Make it Bluetooth also. Because everything can be made better if you add Bluetooth to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to raphseraph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
Originally Posted by raphseraph View Post
Oh! Make it Bluetooth also. Because everything can be made better if you add Bluetooth to it.
wtf?? you know that you talkin about a stylus (thin piece of plasic @ bottom of the n900)....

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Jaem, do you mind telling me (PM is fine) what kind of research you're doing with N900's? I hope to do some computational photography with them.

oops, uhh, see you can't go into detail from this post: http://ffejery.wordpress.com/2010/02...nd-fresh-code/ -- no big deal.

Last edited by fake; 2010-03-20 at 02:28.

Originally Posted by raphseraph View Post
I am also looking for a suitable stylus to replace the cheap plastic one that comes with our beloved N900.
I will see what I can do -- I was going to announce something today, but I'm not, due to unforseen flood-related circumstances. Hopefully tomorrow.

I am super-excited about it. I just need to confirm some things with a friend of mine. I am going to be gone the next two weeks, giving talks at Harvard and in Canada as well. My friend Matti will be handling orders during that time -- I want to be sure everyone is cool with everything, both him and you, and that all order fulfillment stuff is cool. That way I won't have to shut down the store when I leave.

Last edited by fake; 2010-03-20 at 22:56.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I will see what I can do -- I am going to announce a new product and something regarding stylii Saturday afternoon.

I am super-excited about it. I just need to confirm some things with a friend of mine. I am going to be gone the next two weeks, giving talks at Harvard and in Canada as well. My friend Matti will be handling orders during that time -- I want to be sure everyone is cool with everything, both him and you, and that all order fulfillment stuff is cool. That way I won't have to shut down the store when I leave.
good luck with your talks.

...and looking forward to your new products!

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood