Active Topics

Alas, mine didnt work as well. Checking/unchecking proxy doesnt matter... still no data. Any other ideas?

John J

Had a friend put his iPhone 3GS in 2G mode, works fine, so it's not an EDGE problem, now I am really out of ideas. I'm searching for other threads or posts about this, so far I have only found this: http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...hread.id=15087

Edit: Browsing the internet works with the proxy enabled (forgot to add port 80 before), but still no connect outside the proxy.

Edit #2: Tried using OpenDNS, still can't resolve hosts outside the proxy. I think I'm done trying now, it has to be a network problem. Wouldn't be the first time. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Edit #3: My regular AT&T Internet profile started working again. If it stops working I'll post again.

Last edited by ALLurGroceries; 2010-03-14 at 04:21. Reason: proxy works on port 80/tried opendns

Ok so I added 80 to port and my 2.5(edge) works completely... browser, facebook widget, weather widget; all is a go! Thanks!

John J

Originally Posted by ALLurGroceries View Post
That's good advice, before I found this thread I already had AT&T corporate put a note on my account for a free SIM card, but I don't think it's the SIM. I can use my sim in a different (3G) phone and connect just fine. If I put my sim in an old EDGE motorola I have as an emergency phone, it doesn't work though. So maybe it's some sort of problem specific to EDGE on AT&T's net.
I don't think that this precludes there being a problem with the SIM card since 3G and EDGE are diff frequencies.

Originally Posted by Jimenez View Post
No simcard crossed out... i can make/receive calls and send/receive text messages. Funny thing is that when im done with a call, a yellow notification pops up saying "no data connection."
My phone also does this and it works fine. I'm assuming there's a bug somewhere in the software that causes that message to come up. Mine comes up when I dial a number but the call works fine.

I get the exact same problem every once in a while. For me, it goes away by itself. Maybe it's a sign that they are in fact slowly getting rid of EDGE towers? Anyway, for you AT&T people out there please support this: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...uency_support/

Thanks,
Kham