Posts: 5 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ north carolina USA
Congrats.

Two weeks ago I tried to win a n900 from one of those sites, and failed miserably. I had done a study on the past few months of auctions for n900s and found that the most often went for very cheap early in the morning on Sundays, like yours. But the one I bid on went for a very long time and my $25 dollars worth of bids was not able to win out.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
This is hard to win because I noticed the time kept on resetting itself when the item is about to end.
I reckon that the website bids on its own auctions to bump the price.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Good on you Jalbrizio and cheers for the education on those types of bidding sites....or should i say betting sites haha.

- Asute

Last edited by Astute; 2010-03-21 at 10:44.

Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
how do u win?
I don't know if this site got the same idea as many of these other ones, but you need to bid amount that nobody else have. The lowest bid with only one bidder will win and that can be example 34.12€. Nobody of course sees what have been bided, but you will be informed if the current winning bid is less or more of what you just offered so you keep bidding.

With this system i have seen house being sold for 2400 pounds, Merc S series for 400 and site will still get huge profits. There was lots of talk about one of these sites that i belive was first one and there was legal battles. I wonder if they where allowed to keep going in UK in the end.