Hi all,

A little background: Former N800 user, now with N900. Almost no linux experience, although I did manage to do quite a lot with terminal on my N800 (thanks to this board, of course). Aware of risks installing from dev, and very satisfied with my N900 (I pretty much knew where the shortcomings of the device would be, coming from the N800, and I have to say they are much less annoying or problematic than I thought).

What I did: I was trying to clean my Rootfs running the script from the wiki "move-to-opt.sh" (http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs...side_of_rootfs).
I followed the directions included there, but ran into "- permission denied" (I was running as root). So after checking out the forum, I ran a /bin/sh command to run the shell. It finally ran, although I got a bunch of "folder does not exist" statements.
After I closed terminal, all the names in the control panel got changed to things like: "pers_ti_personalization" instead of Themes, and ""disp_ti_display" instead of screen brightness. For example, I see a "wdgt_va_24h_time" on my desktop instead of the actual time. All the programs work, as does the control panel, although the names of everything (all buttons, device name in terminal, etc) are messed up. I rebooted to no avail.

Questions: I know I'll probably have to reflash, and I really don't mind - I'll wait for the update next week first, though.
1. Can I see a log of the terminal (is it even saved?) to asses what happened?
2. Any clues/solutions as to the renaming problem? Or do I have to reflash?

Thanks for the replies.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Terminal output is not saved, no. If you still have it open, scroll up!

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Terminal output is not saved, no. If you still have it open, scroll up!
Thanks for the reply. I rebooted... I guess I'll just reflash