Poll: Do you think we should expect voice dialing out of the box on the N900, or can Nokia expect the maem
Poll Options
Do you think we should expect voice dialing out of the box on the N900, or can Nokia expect the maem

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Yes, lack of voice dialing and no voice announcement when ringing is very disappointing to me. These are basic features of any advanced Nokia phone and when I bought N900, unfortunately I assumed they would be there. Without voice dialing it is a pain to use this phone in a car. Voice announcement (phone speaks name of caller, taken from address book) is very useful when you need to know how important can be the arriving call.

When I look at some voices above saying "no we do not need it" - I am just wondering - what people use N900 phone for? Games?
I try to use it at work. But N900 is not really suitable for every-day business use - hardware is great, software provided by Nokia - far from expected.

Last edited by mlb; 2010-03-04 at 11:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bourne , Lincs
Yes voice dialling would be great. I agree that I wouldn't need to use it all the time, but it does come in handy. I ride a motorbike and have my phone connected to a bluetooth headset, now I would never make a call while actually riding, but voice dialling would mean I could just stop and make the call, not have to take my gloves off open my jacket and get my phone out etc etc etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to arnie1971 For This Useful Post:
I really miss this feature... as the "phone" element of the n900 is a little slow for my liking... I want "Immedi-dial"

The Following User Says Thank You to special circumstances For This Useful Post:
Yes, definitely need it in the car .

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
Drive and call without voice dialing is very hard. I'm waiting for it.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Meh I never used it because it's hard to voice dial arabic names! lol.. It ALWAYS messes up with the arabic names so it's really not useful for me..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
the poll options are worded in a weird way. i am not sure what each one means. not very clear

VERY USEFUL to have voice dial. in n82 i always pressed the BT button and called any contact by saying their name. 99% successful match...Never had to even take the phone out of my pocket....

The announcement of the caller's name is also useful but can do without it....

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Most polls on this site are poorly worded, but this one is even worse than usual. Hint: The poll should not try to force an opinion on the responder. This is like a magician forcing a card.

In this case, what if you are not interested in voice dialing? You have to chose between who provides voice dialing anyway.

Yes I would 100% like voice dialing, I need to wear glasses to read. But never made use of it before until I got an N97 and started to use it allot, I didn't realize before I got the N900 that it didn't come with voice dialing, stupid me I just assumed it did. silly me.

So what did I use it for.
Vlingo great app for voice email, web searches, texting Listening to email and SMS.
Calling contacts through voice as well have having it set to read the names out when a contact called.
Maps, voice Nav.

I think theres more but there is a few reason I would really like to have voice. I really hope Maemo and Nokia get together and get this onto the N900. Love the N900 but for me voice and a couple of more things would take it to a completely different level.

You don't know what you miss until you cannot have it, Voice is on that List, I really miss it.