Active Topics

I have linked xbindkeys rebooted but when I type xbindkeys it says.

error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so. 18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Is this a problem on my end? I have re-flashed my n900 and followed the steps from the start and it still happens.

I tried apt-get guile and apt-cache search guile and installed the 1.8 version of libguile but still does not work.

Thank you I hope to get this to work soon

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Almost there I guess, but I get this error:
Originally Posted by PuTTY
Nokia-N900-02-8:/home/user/kumatux.org/kumatux.org-apps/xbindkeys_1.8.3_jj_2010-02-15-223242_fremantle_armel/bin# /home/user/kumatux.org/bin/kumatux.org-link xbindkeys
/home/user/kumatux.org/bin/kumatux.org-link: .: line 4: kumatux.org-vars: not found
How do I solve it?

I connect my computer to my N900 via SSH, so I'm running all commands as root by the way.

*takes backup just in case*

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-03-20 at 13:17.

I have EasyDebian installed, and run Debian HArdware Keys. I can then use CTRL and UP or CRTL and SPACE to Full Screen any app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bpe View Post
I have linked xbindkeys rebooted but when I type xbindkeys it says.

error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so. 18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Is this a problem on my end? I have re-flashed my n900 and followed the steps from the start and it still happens.
Sorry, this was a problem on my end, xbindkeys requires guile. I've also compiled it for kumatux.org, you can get it at:
http://kumatux.org/Applications.html

just kumatux.org-link it as any other app, source .profile via
Code:
. ~/.profile
and xbindkeys will run.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
How do I solve it?

I connect my computer to my N900 via SSH, so I'm running all commands as root by the way.
This is because you installed kumatux.org as a regular user, which means you probably installed it to /home/user/kumatux.org-root and /home/user/kumatux.org-links if you ran the default install. And now you're running the commands as root, which can't find kumatux.org files.

If you want to run as root, you need to install it as root, which will copy it to /root/kumatux.org-root etc. and then you'd export ~/.profile as root. However then the apps you link/install as root are not gonna be seen as user, since to use them as user, you have to link/install them as user.

That's actually the beauty of it, since you can install the programs as user without root privileges, and on top of that root and user can have different progs installed.

If you want to do this over SSH it's no prob, just ssh into user@192.186.2.15 and you'll log in as user. I seem to remember you have to first change user's password, i.e. on the N900, login as root, and then
Code:
 password user
, then you can connect via ssh to user and will be able to carry out all the user's actions.

The Following User Says Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for the help so far in trying to get this fine app to work but I have another issue, after linking guile and rebooting I get this new error.

error while loading shared libraries: libgc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

Sorry if I am annoying you but I would still like to get this to work.

Thanks again !!

Last edited by bpe; 2010-03-22 at 04:06.

You're getting there, this should be the last hickup.

Also install gc_7.2alpha4 from:

and it should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
You're getting there, this should be the last hickup.

Also install gc_7.2alpha4 from:

and it should work.
New error

error while loading shared libraries: libunistring.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

Can't believe this, it also needs libunistring_0.9.2.1, install it from:

It is now saying "Segmentation fault" when I type xbindkeys

would you like me to flash my n900 and try from scratch ?