Active Topics

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
I'm having to many problems with meamo 5 and nokias to many over sights this is the first device i have ever had any problems with at all the most ******ing thing being that a soft reset which is suppose to wipe a phone clean fresh slate apps and all does not work on the n900 like every other device all it ended up doing was wiping all the apns make it a phone that can only make phone calls not text or get on the web or make apns using fanp and i have windows 7 so flasher wont work lucky Microsoft is gonna bail my @$$ out with xp mode that im downloading now thank god so annoying and all these problems was cause by a flashlight app this would never happen on android
Good grief that is a long sentence

People, please use punctuation marks so we can understand what you're trying to say. These blocks of text are difficult to read on a screen...

The Following User Says Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Albuquerque US&A
I love my N900. It is almost everything that I could ask for in a phone and I'm constantly impressed with everything that it is capable of. I've been using a Sidekick 2 for a looooong time. I have been waiting for a better design and a more open environment. This is it.

For everyone who is disappointed with this phone: please sell it to your local Linux enthusiast via craigslist. The community would love extra testers and developers. If the phone's not for you, then perhaps a Cliq or (shudder)Iphone would be a better fit.

well i got my phone via contract so i have not paid all that money for anything. then again my contract is £40 a month but i get a lot of free minutes and text that I always use.

i love the phone for what it is but wished it had some more commercial apps. i know the browser is great but sometimes its faster to log into an app then go to a website. A brilliant example of this is a Natwest app so i can check my statement fast and easy. not that going to my online banking is harder just a little slower.

I am happy with what my phone can do. really pi$$ed off it cant send MMS but once FMMS gets out of development that wont be a problem. My only concern is there seems to be sooooooooo much stuff in testing or development stage at the moment. not many things seem to be trickling through to the safe area. im willing to give it time tho i have only had the phone just under 2 months. its still a new OS so time is needed. im just wandering when im going to get bored of what is currently available

No regrets here

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
No regrets here, it's unlike any other mobile type of device I've ever owned (in a good way) :-)

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
the n900 is a big "Bang for the Buck!"

best phone i have so far....

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Peshawar
I got my N900 a mnth back on the 28th of feb and frankly it is what nokia and all the reviews said it would be. freaking awesome. i came off an iphone and getting used to the resistive screen was a bit of struggle, but apart from tht, this is by all means a Godly device.

I have stopped taking my lappie to work since i got the 900. surfing, emails, attachments, media the whole shebang in a device hardly bigger than a box of smokes ..... aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Personally all I have is love and respect for nokia and the lovely ppl behind the OS....kudos on the best device money can buy. period.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I've owned quite a few pocketable linux devices in the past (few zaurus before the NIT), so i'm not 'surprised' of having xterm in my pocket. On top of that, I guess I've passed my linux 'tinkering' stages after having administered a dozens of *nix variants over the year. Though I can appreciate having some of the tools on my 'smartphone\connected mobile computer', they're not on my top 5 priority list to look for.

I've come to appreciate the creativity and variety that can arise from an open marketplace that is properly fueled by financial and community interests. This is something that I don't see (as much) on opensource platforms and I'm discouraged by people here openly opposing it.

I like the N900, but not enough to have it with me all the time. Just the single major shortcoming of the email client is a big red flag to me...
So, all things considered I'm not thrilled with my N900 purchase, though I don't regret spending the money on it.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I regretted a little when I got the credit card bill in the 1st month and I was not using the n900 much. However, it is great now, as I get to know/use this device more. I keep finding new things that I can do with it - and I am not using this as a phone/communicator yet.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Romania
I was a little afraid of buying the N900 because of a bad experience with the BB Storm. I waited for a couple of months for the price to go down and I regret I haven't bought it back then. The N900 exceeded my expectations and I don't regret paying ~$600 for it. Not a single reboot, no freeze, no nothing, it runs great.