Notices

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Okay I've had a few extra minutes and thought it might be worth raising this one again.

From my understanding the N900 Uses OpenGL ES 2.0? (Can someone confirm or refute please?)

I believe that the simplistic view is that OpenGL ES is a subset of the full OpenGL with basically intermediate functions such as glBegin etcetera no longer there. Now if we only have the Lite profile available it also means no floating point too I think (that would be a killer!).

The other nasty is if there is only OpenGL ES 2.0 then I believe that the fixed function pipeline is also out the window so we then have to provide vertex and fragment shaders too.

So, unless someone can tellme otherwise, I suspect that this is possible (assuming enough grunt on the N900) given enough time and a following wind!

If anyone wants to have a play then AMD have an OpenGL ES emmulator to play with but I havent tried it yet as I run on Intel here.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Just seen there is a Flash implimentation, might be pushing the N900 a bit far though: Glest for Flash

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
keep up the good work!
anu suggestion to his idea?