Hi there,

just used the search but didn't find a thread about tv (i know there are some).

I saw TV on an Iphone using an app. I'm from German speeking room so he had rtl, pro7, sat1, rtl2 and so on. he just has to pay little amound yearly for using it.
is there anything similar to this app for n900? I would love to see the "big" german tv programs on n900. and i would even pay for that! So is somebody able to make something like this? i think could be more people like me a "TV-junky"

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
There is worldtv99 which uses kmplayer as a front end.This has channels from all over the world and even streams some channels in HD.

yeah thanks i know worldtv but as i have seen there are horrible german programs available... nobody wants to see this so i think its not the right app i'm searching for

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi moerderameise,

take a look at the various "mediathek"-offerings of the non-private german channels. it is not live tv, but channels like ZDF have a huge coverage put in their online offering. If you use the html version, it is pretty convenient to browse with the n900

hi raily,

thank you for your answer. where do i find, and what do you meen with mediathek offering? my english is not so good, so maybe i just understand what you mean. is it in worldtv? well, if i would have a big databank with some series or the todays program only a few hours back or so, it would be a good beginning But life tv would be the big thing!!! i already tried "wilmaa" (its an online tv stream of the channels i'm searching, but its laggy on n900, so not really useable

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
here is a link to ZDFs mediathek in html-version: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/haupt...eite?flash=off

ARD, 3SAT, etc got their own version too.

Live TV is not so easy to get. If you go to the webpage of NTV, N24 and PHOENIX, there are streams available which also play on the N900.

Please let me know when you find private live TV, like PRO7 or SAT1...

There are several streams in the net, even from Pro7 and Sat1 The problem is, these streams always stream same quality, so its really stucking. the app on the iphone seems to lower the qualitiy when connection is bat, so it gets bad qualitiy, but still runs without stucking every second. so that is good, the lifestreams in the internet even don't run on my normal pc.... most of them... so its too bad for looking..
hmm how does the iphone do that? who knowes the app? maybe they would port it to maemo

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
its called Iphone tv catchup.

i mentioned it couple months back- cos you can get logged onto it from n900 but then it tries to open the streams with media player which doesnt understand what to do with it. if we could get a media player that was able to play the streams then no app is needed :0

tvcatchup i found, but there i can only see us channels... can't install it, don't have that iphone thing
hmmm so you think its possible, if a player can play it. kmplayer should or not? there we already can see tv, but no commercial channels for germany... if i would life in turkey or usa i could see much channels, but german only crappy and no functing channels...

Has anyone found a way to play streams from this site?

http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/

i know its based for iphone, but if you take a look, it is just a media stream. n900 media player tries to open it but won't play it. I have tried kmplayer, sib, media box but to no avail. The website does play the channels direct, but they are very 'jerky' and mostly unwatchable.

Hoping some of you guys out there can shed some light on this.

Thanx