Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Does earphones that I got with N800 also have mic? I still have those at plastic. Never used those.
Yes ... they don't look like it but the little plastic box where the separate headphone line join has a mic hole at the top and the plug has an extra ring to input the signal into the N800. They work quite well.

My only gripe with the included headset is that the wires have a very rubbery coating that seems to get tangled very easily.

That is why I hope that Bluetooth stereo headset support comes sometime soon. At the current rate, I am not holding my breath as it has sat as a feature request since the beginning of the 770.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
Yes ... they don't look like it but the little plastic box where the separate headphone line join has a mic hole at the top and the plug has an extra ring to input the signal into the N800. They work quite well.

That is why I hope that Bluetooth stereo headset support comes sometime soon. At the current rate, I am not holding my breath as it has sat as a feature request since the beginning of the 770.
I noticed that plug was little different than earphone plug usually. Little plastic box also has button, it is for answering or something..

BT handsfree support would be really nice. And course N800 has BT, I dont see reason why they would add it. Hope so.

All I can say is I've made a number of skype calls..skype to skype and skype out and its perfect..no problem. I'm using a basic Linksys 54G router

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Don't worry... I've managed to reproduce the bug.

1. Sign into Skype (I have "Sign in when Skype starts" enabled)
2. Sign out
3. Enter password on Sign in page and press the "Sign in" button
4. Skype closes down without warning.

Neato! And there's no information in dmesg, so it's a silent crash/close.

Now, if only we knew where to report all of these Skype bugs...
So it appears to happen even if you're using the same account? It happened to me when changing from my "work" account to my "private", and vice-versa..

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
So it appears to happen even if you're using the same account? It happened to me when changing from my "work" account to my "private", and vice-versa..
Yes same account - I've only got the one It's basically a second-sign in bug... the app closes when you sign in for a second time.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ liverpool
When i use the desktop version of skype it has a tab for joining in community chats/talks, its called live. I cant seem to find it on the n800 version, can anyone confirm it is not included?

thanks

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
3. You can't receive calls unless Skype is started, yet there is no option to start Skype on boot... it would be better if Skype were integrated into the Accounts and Presence control panel applets along with Google and Jabber
I totally agree, but fortunately I don't boot often these days.. the last time in 1.5 months was for the upgrade, and then once more after omweather was installed (but now I've learned the trick to avoid that boot).
I have Skype on all the time, it connects automatically when I get networked.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Any way to correct the Euro, online it has my correct currency and amout but on the N800 it shows the correct amount but in euros.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Any way to correct the Euro, online it has my correct currency and amout but on the N800 it shows the correct amount but in euros.
Go to www.skype.com in a web browser and log in with your sign in username - in your account details you can set your preferred currency.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
but fortunately I don't boot often these days.. the last time in 1.5 months was for the upgrade, and then once more after omweather was installed (but now I've learned the trick to avoid that boot).
Same here. I usually reboot only if needed for an upgrade or if there is anything weird for which I do not want to do further investigation (i.e. I'm in a hurry and /media/mmc2 won't mount on a windows PC even if no applications are started)

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I have Skype on all the time, it connects automatically when I get networked.
Is there anything to do to have Skype logging in whenever you are networked? Or is it as simple as checking "login in automatically when skype starts"? Is that supposed to let the program check for network connection every x minutes?