Poll: On my N900...
Poll Options
On my N900...

I don't hate the screen but i find capacitive better, i usually just pull out my stylus on my N900 now just purely because i know i will try and touch a link and it won't work and i will end up pulling the stylus out anyway.

both are good if done rightly

the resistive on the n900 is good and the i8910 capacitive i used was good as well

to me i dont really mind its not a big issue for me

we have seen multi touch running on resistive hardware so that doesnt really come into it either

i do like being able to use whatever i want to touch the screen finger , fingernail , stylus , whatever

but then i do like the glass screen on my i8910 which feels alot more sturdy and also alot more exspensive which is nice when your blowing £500 on a device

so either for me as long as it works good and looks nice iam fine with any screen :-)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
You poll options are interesting I never use the stylus, yet I much prefer resistive screens. Where does that fit?

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
I have no problems using the screen as touch, but I love having the stylus for note taking...I use Xournal for grocery lists and pretty much anything else I need super quick instead of taking the time to type something in.

Dude, c'mon, if you're gonna start a polling thread, at least remember back to the last standardized test you took, and next time put the minimum number of required options in. Thus, I'm not voting, but I'll poorly answer the question, 'cause sadly, I actually think it's an interesting topic.

I like and do both equally.

And they both have their pluses and minuses, but because of your crappy poll you don't deserve to know why. But let's be honest, resistive is on the way out, and it's unlikely that there's anything any of us can do about it. I'll adapt, but wouldn't it be nice if one of them would negate all of the other's minuses. Such is life.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
I don't want a capacitive screen.
Capacitive screens are inaccurate, and I can't operate them with stylus, fingernails, or while wearing gloves.

So, it is impractical.
It is over-hyped by Apple, of course, so every kid wants a capacitive screen, because it does 'multi-touch', about which I don't really care, either.

I would much more prefer a resistive multi-touch screen.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
I am sorry that my poll doesn't have enough options for everyone but the idea was that you can't have a phone with both so which one would you choose if you had to.

And the idea was that if you weren't sure you could leave a comment explaining why.

I myself find it annoying when people are ignorant and cannot take part in a conversation without being negative. I posted it to get peoples opinion on the matter not because I really thought I deserved some abuse.

If you don't like the poll then simply don't comment. Simple.

But as you say such is life.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
I really like resistive, and thats one reason why I bought the N900 instead of waiting for the next device. I like using whatever I want to touch the screen (finger, nail, eraser on the back of my mech pencil when im studying in the stand made by fake). I've taken out the stylus maybe twice, to show people that there is a stylus, but haven't used it, as I don't wanna scratch the screen

Jane, you ignorant slut.

Originally Posted by al678 View Post
I am sorry
Thanks, I appreciate that.

but the idea was that you can't have a phone with both so which one would you choose if you had to.
What is this, desert island disks? I can have what ever I want, and I choose to have both. My fantasy of a device that does it all is as valid as your fantasy of only one device. Don't get upset with me because you have a narrow view of the world.

And the idea was that if you weren't sure you could leave a comment explaining why.
I was sure, if your poll was decent we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I myself find it annoying when people are ignorant and cannot take part in a conversation without being negative.
Sorry, I was annoyed first. I like voting; it's fun! I couldn't and I became sad. Then I realized it was all your fault. You know the rest.

I posted it to get peoples opinion on the matter not because I really thought I deserved some abuse.
Life is a box of chocolates. Isn't that what your mom used to say?

If you don't like the poll then simply don't comment. Simple.
If only it were that simple, but anyway, I accept your apology. Be good.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Very mature, well done. I am glad you could contribute something useful to the conversation.