Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by EddieNYC View Post
Thanks - MC looks great. This is it!

Time to surf!
Feel free to ask if stuff doesn't seem to work. For one thing: Only the "enter" key on the virtual keyboard/HWR window works as an enter key; the center D-pad key only brings up the keyboard.

Also, at normal zoom level, the option to quit mc is hidden to the right. Zoom back to 80% and it automagically appears (if you're too lazy, just hit the "x" of the Xterminal window; it shouldn't normally do any harm. Obviously, if your N800 does explode, I didn't write this. It was my evil twin).

How do you do this?
Originally Posted by pdafan View Post
- dropbear ssh (I use this all the time in order to use my desktop keyboard!)

Install dropbear, use a client like putty on your windows machine to SSH into the nokia and there you go, you're using your desktop keyboard

Where can I find the following? I googled it, but only got 2 hits, one of which was your post.

Ed

Originally Posted by rattis View Post
I've installed the following:

kismetWIP - used for war walking at work to track down rogue wireless acess points. The sniffer goes with this incase I can't track it down, to pull the data going over the wireless link to get the person's work id.

Извините , но я не нашол темы для новичков , поэтому решил воспользоваться этой . Можете мне ответить на такие вопросы : насколько полноценной является linux для Nokia 770 , возможна ли установка приложений с "полноценного" компьютерного linux на Nokia 770 или єти приложения требуют компиляции , возможно ли както разогнать процессор Nokia 770 ? И как обстоят дела с mp3 плеером на Nokia 770 , я слішал что он плохого качества ?!

Um...translate, please.

Kthxbye.

N770 ordered 6/27/07
Arrived 7/3/07

Translated by programm :
Sorry, but i not seek subject for beginners, so decided to use this.
You can answer to me on such problems: how much full-fledged is linux for Nokia 770, installation of appendices is possible with "full-fledged" computer linux on Nokia 770 or є ти requires appendices to compilation, it is possible както to disperse processor of Nokia 770?
And how businesses are with mp3 with player on Nokia 770, i heared that he bad quality?!

I can answer your question about the mp3 player: It's fine. Even the standard audio player running off of the 64mb card that ships with the unit plays mp3's flawlessly for me. It would be a bonus if it had a simple equalizer, but it sounds decent without it.

I'm not sure what you're asking with your other question...sorry!

N770 ordered 6/27/07
Arrived 7/3/07

ЫЫЫЫЫЫ... sorry for my english ( i hate it learned at school ) . Is it possible to start Linux application on Nokia 770 without convertation , overlock CPU ? b/\ять

A lot of Linux programs have already been ported over to the 770. Check out this page to see if the stuff you're looking for has already been moved over

N770 ordered 6/27/07
Arrived 7/3/07