Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
Question RE Google Docs on N900

I can open stuff, edit stuff etc etc all fine, but the problem is I can't scroll the box. And in the spreadsheet page I can't move around the sheet using the arrow keys.

Are these known limitations of the Micro browser or is there a magic setting somewhere that "enables" such things...

I don't think anyone else has reported these issues so I guess its to do with my setup rather than an inherent incompatibility.

Thanks for any advice

If you drag your finger from the left of the screen (start off screen) towards the right onto the screen you will see a little mouse cursor pop up. Clicking on the cursor allows you to use the cursor to move around the spreadsheet and scroll down documents.

I hope that is what you were asking for, if not, sorry

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosk33toe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosk33toe View Post
If you drag your finger from the left of the screen (start off screen) towards the right onto the screen you will see a little mouse cursor pop up. Clicking on the cursor allows you to use the cursor to move around the spreadsheet and scroll down documents.

I hope that is what you were asking for, if not, sorry
Thanks mosk33toe, I didn't know you could do that!

But, is there an easier way to move around what is essentially a scrollbox within a HTML page like the spreadsheet, even if using the arrow keys to do it? The cursor solution needs to be done every time you open the window, which is laborious (if that's the only way then I guess that's the only way!)

AFAIK, that is the only way

but has another effect: on the keyboard, cursors stop scrolling and interact with the page, so in spreadsheet will move along cells, in word will move the cursor, in maps will help you navigating, and so on

The Following User Says Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Just tried that little side effect out - its actually very useful

Kudos to mosk33toe for suggesting the feature and clasificado for pointing out hidden benefits!

thanks again guys