Notices

my thoughts ? it's my dream come true !

would be great to be able to filter dives on the various field in the dives list

also, adding dive site maps and pictures as you say would be great! is there already a buddy field in suunto, I can't remember..., otherwise it's worth adding....

one last interesting feature is the gas consumption, always nice to have !

I'm looking forward to testing this !!!

Hi

I'm the author of Diving Log (www.divinglog.de), maybe we can do some cooperation. I have already importers for almost all dive computers, if I integrate an export to your maemo dive log you would save a lot of work integrating all importers yourself and you can focus on the mobile application.

Which database format do you use behind the application? Let me know if you are interested.

Best regards,
Sven

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divinglog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by divinglog View Post
Hi

I'm the author of Diving Log (www.divinglog.de), maybe we can do some cooperation. I have already importers for almost all dive computers, if I integrate an export to your maemo dive log you would save a lot of work integrating all importers yourself and you can focus on the mobile application.

Which database format do you use behind the application? Let me know if you are interested.

Best regards,
Sven
Hi there !

Thanks for stopping by ! I've tested your program a few weeks ago and it is indeed excellent ! I didn't purchased it because there wasn't any export to Maemo...

If Pommi can work with you on this, you'll certainly gain a few more customers ! (not a hundred though )

But it's Pommi's call

Hi Sven,

Your site and application looks very nice! I have no problem working out import/(maybe export) functions for the application with you. One thing n900 could be good is to provide surface pictures and GPS coordinates from the dive site.

The only issue I may see here is adding another link to the data-conversion, so probably at the end of the day the mobile application must support direct import for different computers....

Regarding the DB, haven't looked into that yet on n900 that much, maybe sqlite would do it..

Best Regards,
Pommi

Hi Pommi

Thank you for your response! Of course you can additionally include direct imports from dive computer data, but I think for the beginning it will save you a lot of work and allows you to concentrate on the application functionality. I know how long it takes to support all kind computers, software and logbook formats. Here you can see a list of supported dive computers in Diving Log.

SQLite sounds great, because I have already a SQLite export. On the iPhone we use also a SQLite database and also on Windows Mobile. There is a separate SQLite export in Diving Log 5.0 which you can use to create SQLite files with your dive data. If you want I'll send you a free registration data for the full version, so you can use it to create logbook files. Please write me an email to info (at) divinglog.de

Diving Log stores GPS coordinates and also small blob images within the database file.

Best regards,
Sven

The Following User Says Thank You to divinglog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pommi View Post
Hi,

No Garage project yet, hopefully soon.

Some other ideas for the future:
- A configurable CCR check-list
- Possibility to attach a small picture collection to a dive - map or your favorite picture from that site.
- Implement one of the available open source deco-algorithms for dive planning.

Your thoughts?

Nice, waiting to see how this goes.

Few ideas / comments.

- Possibility to add photo taken with N900 (or any other image) and get GPS location from the image if it exists.
- Configuration option: Option to add diving location from GPS position. Could be on or off.

If you need a tester, PM me.

JMV
www.jmv.fi
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...."

Hi,

Sorry about the long silence, been a hectic few weeks..

Anyways, I've made a garage project out of this and hopefully will finalize the blender part during next week.

After that I'll concentrate more to the log-section. Adding position information to the dive-site should be quite straight forward.

Best Regards,
Pommi
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to pommi For This Useful Post:
Excellent !

Looking forward to seeing the result

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
I am hoping this is still continued, as this would become a very usefull app for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Ooh, I'm glad to find fellow divers in tmo

BTW, can either of the programs mentioned in this thread support import/export from Galileo (Sol)?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!