Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
One thing that always impressed me about SEs is the amazing camera.

My old k800i is 3.2 megapixel (with actual usable flash) and totally blows away the n900 camera. Nokia cameras are usually pants anyway & the flash is lame - a soft glowing matchstick is better than the flash.

Now remember android is implemented via a java-type virtual machine so that 1ghz cpu may not be fast it should (pure speculation on my part).

If it was released at the same time than the n900 it would have been a very difficult choice for me.

But I like the hackability & general quirkiness of the n900 and the community too.
(Who in their right mind would write an app that measures how far you drop or throw your n900 - that is just f***ing nuts!)

I think the iPhone & android phones are fun in a shiny corporate way but the n900 is European "we want to be crazy as Germans" kind of way.

Have fun with your SEX10.
(What SE marketing "genius" came up with the "X" brand?)

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
slightly thicker than the iphone
Yup - could be worse!

Like Apple fanboys are "slightly" thicker than their iPhones!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
I think the iPhone & android phones are fun in a shiny corporate way but the n900 is European "we want to be crazy as Germans" kind of way.
That made me laugh... Everyone in the office is looking at me... again.
Why are Germans crazy? Heard about this the first time... xD

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
That made me laugh... Everyone in the office is looking at me... again.
Why are Germans crazy? Heard about this the first time... xD
I will write a line that will explain this. It will also render any argument against the "crazy" accusation completely and utterly futile.
You like David Hasselhoff.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
pretty disappointing, will most new android devices finally getting multi touch the x10 won't because of hardware issues.
I dont understand how it can be hardware related. The only requirements for multitouch is to have a capacative screen, which the x10 has. Maybe sony is just making an excuse for not having it on there

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
I dont understand how it can be hardware related. The only requirements for multitouch is to have a capacative screen, which the x10 has. Maybe sony is just making an excuse for not having it on there
Sorry, but no. That's simply not correct. Not all capacitive touch screens support multi touch. The hardware has to support it, plus the driver must support it.
The Samsung Galaxy i7500 is an example of a phone with a capacitive screen that doesn't support multi touch. It is AFAIK still uncertain wether the hardware is capable, but the driver isn't. Furthermore the driver isn't open source and Samsung aren't winning any prices for their support (severe lack of updates), so there's very little chance for driver support (asuming the HW is capable).

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
You like David Hasselhoff.
Hell no!!!!!

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Sorry, but no. That's simply not correct. Not all capacitive touch screens support multi touch. The hardware has to support it, plus the driver must support it.
The Samsung Galaxy i7500 is an example of a phone with a capacitive screen that doesn't support multi touch. It is AFAIK still uncertain wether the hardware is capable, but the driver isn't. Furthermore the driver isn't open source and Samsung aren't winning any prices for their support (severe lack of updates), so there's very little chance for driver support (asuming the HW is capable).
What hardware exactly needs the correct driver? The GPU?

Multitouch has licencing/patent issues. Consider Droid vs Milestone.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Hell no!!!!!
How can you not love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3JAp7vMuo