Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
Sometimes I want to use the large thumb onscreen keypad on my N810.
Most times the small (stylus) keypad pops up but I need a pen to key in something. The story is when I click with my finger on an input field (how does this non-multitouch device detect this ??) the large keypad should appear but in many cases the small pen keypad still appears.
Unchecking 'Enabling stylus input method' in the Control Panel -> Text input settings -> Onscreen keyboard results that no keypad at all pops up in most cases.

How can I enforce (or can I tweak some code ??) so that I can popup the large keypad on demand, or even ALWAYS ? The finger click method does not work in many cases.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Netherlands
You can toggle between the small and large keyboard with the center D-pad button. Do this when the keyboard is visible...

Originally Posted by danielronde View Post
You can toggle between the small and large keyboard with the center D-pad button. Do this when the keyboard is visible...
I tried this, but when I slide open the physical keyboard (to get access to the center d-pad key) the onscreen keyboard disappears. I tried all buttons on top and left of the device as well but that didn't work either.
Is there a apecial trick for it ?

Some would ask now "why don't you use the physical keyboard ?" Reason: no digit keys without shift and special characters are placed at a completely different location.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
try pressing the input field harder with your thumb
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

This does not work in many cases (particularly low input fields which are less than 40 pixels high): the small keyboard still pops up.