Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by rizbert View Post
I am loving this app thp

Have noticed a small bug with bullet points on Rich Text notes.
For instance, typing the following in
  • This
  • is
  • a
  • test

saving, exiting and then going back into Maepad. The note becomes
  • This
  • <...empty line...>
  • is
  • <...empty line...>
  • a
  • <...empty line...>
  • test

If there is ordinary text before the bullet list, then there is an extra empty bullet added at the beginning of the list...

An odd one this?

Great app thou' and find the auto naming with time&date extremely useful!
That's a "wpeditor" bug, which is a text editor component supplied with the device and which also runs Notes, and the same bug happens in Notes. Please vote for Bug 5500.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oban, UK
Blimey...so it is...
I'm voting on that bug now.

bad nokia........

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
MęPad 1.5 "Productive" released; I've resumed uploading the source to the Maemo.org repositories, as the PR1.2 SDK fixes the problem we've been having. Unfortunately, this also means that packages built on Maemo.org are not compatible with pre-PR1.2 firmware releases now. The workaround will be that I'm going to build the packages in the pre-PR1.2 firmware and upload a binary package to the MęPad homepage (soon).

Here's the QA page: MęPad in Maemo Extras
More details: Blog post annoucement

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
The MaePad 1.5 .deb for pre-PR1.2 firmware is now available: http://thpinfo.com/2010/maepad/maepad_1.5_armel.deb

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
The MaePad 1.5 .deb for pre-PR1.2 firmware is now available: http://thpinfo.com/2010/maepad/maepad_1.5_armel.deb
thanks cause i was wondering why it was showing libhildon > 2.2 version ..

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I'm really liking the full-screen portrait mode for checklists. One thing that I would like to see in this mode (unless you already have implemented it and I am just not seeing it) is the option to toggle checks on and off without having to use the keyboard. Perhaps, one touch to highlight the item, and then subsequent touches on the highlighted item to toggle the check mark on and off.

Again, great app. I use it everyday.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Perhaps, one touch to highlight the item, and then subsequent touches on the highlighted item to toggle the check mark on and off.
That's exactly how it works, although the second touch to toggle has to happen over the area where the check appears, so the area is quite small. The "gesture" to toggle the check therefore is to swipe from the left (the N900's bezel) to the middle, which will toggle the check (only if the item is selected). This should prevent accidentally checking/unchecking an item.

This also works in non-fullscreen mode should you prefer to touch the items directly instead of using the toolbar button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by thp View Post
That's exactly how it works, although the second touch to toggle has to happen over the area where the check appears, so the area is quite small. The "gesture" to toggle the check therefore is to swipe from the left (the N900's bezel) to the middle, which will toggle the check (only if the item is selected). This should prevent accidentally checking/unchecking an item.

This also works in non-fullscreen mode should you prefer to touch the items directly instead of using the toolbar button.
Thanks for the clarification!

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
I added the "vocal notes" feature request in the garage. Is there any chance getting it implemented?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Thanks for the great app - I'm using it daily and it really rocks (have to start using Desktop version as well still).

I'm wandering, is there any way to reorder checklist items without deleting and recreating them?

And second one - is there anywhere a list of hotkeys/tricks for the app I could use to save your time for developing this tool further?