Active Topics

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Beijing
Hello I am from Beijing, I love to explore & share here in the forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to MeeGo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Hey!
Got my N900 after a long wait yesterday.

Last edited by Tuukka; 2010-03-30 at 10:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tuukka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Hello from Australia. Been here a few weeks but forgot to drop in and say hi

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
Hi all,
new to this forum, just had my N900 an will need a little help to get it sorted out in the future.

Cheers Simon.

The Following User Says Thank You to yourthe guy For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

I got my n900 about 2 months ago and here to find explanation or help.
'Search' option will be used tonight !

The Following User Says Thank You to tieum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Welcome recent arrivals! You will find this community friendly and helpful. Hope you stick around!

just placing the order for mine now waiting for three months is like hell haha, never used linux before but i have been doing a lot of research so should be good ( hopefully )

The Following User Says Thank You to Icyseanfitz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hello there!
Didn't know there was a hello thread for new members, so I've been around and posting here and there already.

The name is Darkwolf. Long time Nokia fan and when I got one as my second cell phone, I never ever switched to anything else since then.
Was also right there on the spot when the first Symbian smartphone (7650) came out and from then on it was all Symbian for me.
When I had the Nokia N95 I noticed that Symbian was starting to get long in the tooth even for me and Nokia's competitors were starting to strive ahead in their own OS ventures and (hardware) features.
Although I was still happy with my "simple" Nokia N95, I was a bit worried about Nokia.

But then... out of the blue... there it was... the Nokia N900!

After a lot of reading and pondering or I should leave my trusty Nokia N95 behind with Symbian all together as it didn't have any short comings or missing features for me, I found out that my subscription was almost due and I jumped the fence.
And boy am I glad for making that move.
Being a tech freak I adapted in no time from my keypad plus text prediction input kung fu to the QWERTY keyboard on the Nokia N900, which was my only true worry.

I remember the pains with the initial release of the Nokia N95 and how many firmwares it took before it became speedy and long lasting battery wise, so here I am again. Back to where I started.
It's ok though, it has been over 3 years since I was part of the early adopters world and I am ready to play again and go through it all once more.

Now if you excuse me, I have a Maemo forum to read as I've become quite addicted to it...

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkwolf For This Useful Post:
Hello forum users!

I like this forum very much and explore it on a daily basis to learn about my beloved n900.

One thing I couldn't figure out until now is how to set a profile picture (Avatar) for my forum account. I searched and found the following post:

Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
Lycanthropy: If you click "Control Panel" in the list to the right, you will find "Edit Avatar" to the left on the page that opens. It will bring you here:
http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editavatar
Unfortunately I can't find the "Edit Avatar" link and if I open the above mentioned link a page gets opened where I can't change anything (see attached screenshot).

Please can you give me hint what I'm doing wrong?
Attached Images

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
hi allllllllllll

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org