Notices

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You've run out of rootfs space to download the files. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs...side_of_rootfs for a workaround. You'll also want to run "apt-get clean" to clear up the part-downloaded files from rootfs.
Thank u very very much worked a charm...

when you run "apt-get clean" is it showing something ?
because after running it it's just showing "/home/user #

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by tangs View Post
when you run "apt-get clean" is it showing something ?
because after running it it's just showing "/home/user #
No, id doesn't report anything. It just deletes any downloaded .deb files from the apt cache directory. You only need to do this if you're using the command line to install apps - App Manager cleans up after itself automatically.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
ok guys ive looked thru this entire thread cpl of posters have mentioned that they got an error saying some files are missing but there was no definite answer or solution or help to that issue.
I tried to install it last night and it gaveme a similar error "Some files/packages are missing" Can anyone help me with that??

Originally Posted by junooni View Post
ok guys ive looked thru this entire thread cpl of posters have mentioned that they got an error saying some files are missing but there was no definite answer or solution or help to that issue.
I tried to install it last night and it gaveme a similar error "Some files/packages are missing" Can anyone help me with that??
yep... for the missing packages just enable all the repos in the app manager... extras, extra-devel and extra testing, personally i just enabled all of them.
that should solve the missing problem ( keep in mind that the the repos must have been fully loaded instead of partially )
then go to xterm and type

sudo gainroot ( press enter )
apt-get autoremove ( press enter )( just to make sure everything is clean )
apt-get install enna ( press enter )

thats it.
incase u get a msg that says u dont have enough space in /var/cache/archives/... go to the post i asked how to do it and follow the thread. technically what ur going to do is tell it to install outside root limitations so cheers.

that should do it...

Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
yep... for the missing packages just enable all the repos in the app manager... extras, extra-devel and extra testing, personally i just enabled all of them.
that should solve the missing problem ( keep in mind that the the repos must have been fully loaded instead of partially )
then go to xterm and type

sudo gainroot ( press enter )
apt-get autoremove ( press enter )( just to make sure everything is clean )
apt-get install enna ( press enter )

thats it.
incase u get a msg that says u dont have enough space in /var/cache/archives/... go to the post i asked how to do it and follow the thread. technically what ur going to do is tell it to install outside root limitations so cheers.

that should do it...

thanx alot for ur help, but for some reasom my extras-devel is not refreshing///

Looks nice.. a bit "N800/810" though..

thanx alot for ur help, but for some reasom my extras-devel is not refreshing///

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
libvalhalla should be in the same repository as enna, so I don't know why that's not being pulled in - are there any other error messages? libspeex1 is in the Nokia applications repository, so make sure you don't have that disabled - there may also be issues installing it if it's already been updated in the repository in preparation for PR1.2.

No there are no other messages, i don't have the Nokia repository disabled but it won't update i tried everything. all my other repositories are working just fine only the Nokia and Ovi is not updating i get the error message "resolving host timed out" i tried everything even the Google dns, i also added the repository with the ip-address but nothing works. my Internet connection works just fine i can use the browser on n900 and download and install apps from the extra-testing repo. i had this problem since day one. plz help me out with this problem so i can enjoy my n900 as its meant to be.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Q-Man View Post
No there are no other messages, i don't have the Nokia repository disabled but it won't update i tried everything. all my other repositories are working just fine only the Nokia and Ovi is not updating i get the error message "resolving host timed out" i tried everything even the Google dns, i also added the repository with the ip-address but nothing works. my Internet connection works just fine i can use the browser on n900 and download and install apps from the extra-testing repo. i had this problem since day one. plz help me out with this problem so i can enjoy my n900 as its meant to be.
Is this on wireless, 3G, or both?