Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Salo
Hi

Compiling navit for n900 needs quite a bit of hacking.

I cannot figure why navit doesn't run for most people more than 2 minutes. I have had it successfully running on a 86km trip without crashing. Since then I have lost interest in navit, as I bought Sygic mobile maps for N900. I might update the package sometime. Currently all my free time goes in fixing my motorcycle.

Originally Posted by hara View Post
Hi

I cannot figure why navit doesn't run for most people more than 2 minutes. I have had it successfully running on a 86km trip without crashing. Since then I have lost interest in navit, as I bought Sygic mobile maps for N900. I might update the package sometime. Currently all my free time goes in fixing my motorcycle.
Fix that cycle for the summer haha lol I hope to get my nokia n900 tomorrow, I am so excited....

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ France
Hi

Have nice days in mechanical patching

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
garmin maps is the best that i missing in navit.
libgarmin where are you?
:-D

Originally Posted by taril View Post
garmin maps is the best that i missing in navit.
libgarmin where are you?
:-D
This has been said a few times before. Garmin support is inbuilt. Enable it in maps.xml. Reading this thread, you would have found out that only a couple have got it working with Garmin maps.

@magellan94: Thanks, I'll enjoy it a lot more when it's finished. Riding under the blue sky...

Garmin Map is working for me... but only the free version.
Other versions are locked/with other structure, so no hope to use these maps on Navit, for now.

However the free Garmin map is ridicolous and it is usefull only to see it working (all europe in 10Mb... in Italy there are little more than 5 roads!)

Hi
gee, thanks.
but that is as much infromation i already found.
anybody care to elaborate?

looks like at least _one_ person has been able to build navit for the n900 -- so there should be at least _one_ person able to give more helpful answers, shouldn't there?

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
gee, thanks.
but that is as much infromation i already found.
anybody care to elaborate?

looks like at least _one_ person has been able to build navit for the n900 -- so there should be at least _one_ person able to give more helpful answers, shouldn't there?
There's AT LEAST two persons before me compiling navit for n900. I'm not a coder so I won't start a tutorial on compiling here. Besides, the way I made it compile sure isn't the "standard" way. Otherwise someone else would already have patched the sources so they would compile cleanly.

But I'll give you a hint, start from here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=13 so did I, thanks to schnebeck. Also check out the wiki for navit on scratchbox, valuable info there too.

the way I made it compile sure isn't the "standard" way. Otherwise someone else would already have patched the sources so they would compile cleanly.
i don't care for standard, as long as it compiles.
then i could figure out how to better and more standard'y.

But I'll give you a hint, start from here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=13 so did I, thanks to schnebeck. Also check out the wiki for navit on scratchbox, valuable info there too.
seen already.

Originally Posted by willem43 View Post
Ok. I have enabled garmin maps in maps.xml; OSM maps are enabled as well. In navit - settings I can choose between the two maps. The path to the garmin map set is correct.
The map set consists of lots of small maps (*.img), a basemap.img, and a file product.tdb. The path is directed towards the basemap.img file.
(/home/user/navit_maps/basemap.img)

What am I doing wrong ?

You should set the path to the TDB file:
mapname.tdb and rename the basemap.img to be
mapname.img.

or use gmapsupp.img file, the one that is for installation on device.

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap