Closed Thread
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Incidentally I like knowing what new apps and games were added to the catalogues. However I have to peruse everything to know what's different every time. Is there any way to sort things by date added?
AppWatch kind of does that, when not hampered by repository problems If you just want to know about Extras, there's a web page for that.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i think if Nokia just tell us the date of each firmware being release then developers could also speed the process of recompiling the codes for the release date too. Also users can help testing the compiled apps as well.

What do you think?

The down side is their server might become overloaded from downloads. I can see why keeping it low help the updating server.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think the code should have been better from the beginning, and after that no updates and no threads like this

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Okay. Cool down. It's not relased this week and I would guess also not next week!

PR 1.2 SDK was relased and the Autobilder switched to PR 1.2 on Wednesday the 24th of March. So the developers have now time to look in their code and go them tru for big problems with the PR 1.2 Firmware. (there are big changes comming)

I guess they will give the developers some time to promote the new software versions to extra testing. So, this will take some time and don't forget: There is a minimum time of 10 Days to get a Software thru Testing and to promote them to the Extra repository.

Not every developer compiled a new version right on the 24th. So, calculate the needed time yourself to get everything ready for the release.
This is complete nonsense. How can packages be promoted to extras when only a handful of Nokians can test them, and that on pre-release version of PR1.2.

The update of the autobuilder was a mistake that resulted from someone's belief that PR1.2 release was closer than it really was.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
I speculate that the update will come around April 10th due to something I read about new QT features being in the repositories on that date.........

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
I speculate that the update will come around April 10th due to something I read about new QT features being in the repositories on that date.........
Here we go again lol. More guestimation!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Here we go again lol. More guestimation!
Speculation and Guesstimation are best friends and hang out in threads like these.

Rumor has it that they are cousins twice removed.....

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Speculation and Guesstimation are best friends and hang out in threads like these.

Rumor has it that they are cousins twice removed.....
lol good job! i'll believe it when i get the update haha. I'm an app manager zombie at the moment. Refreshing it every hour when i'm on wifi lol.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Nokia will release PR 1.2 as soon as 48h have passed without any new post to this thread.

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Nokia will release PR 1.2 as soon as 48h have passed without any new post to this thread.
equals never?

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever