Notices

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
getting this to work in a situation where facebook is banned looks utterly futile. I can connect to Facebook fine using the "Tor Status Applet" (a tunnel/proxy service) since I live in China but when I open Hermes and click on Retrieve, nothing happens. it says "fetching friends" for about 5 minutes and then says network error or something like check connection.

my question is, why is it not even requesting to "validate" or open up the browser. I have the browser open in the background and logged into FB, waiting for the app to chime in but nothing happens. :S

any ideas?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Great work Jaffa, love this app, 1 thing i cant seem to do though, can you remove a contact from the update list? for example i have updated my contact with their birthday, webpage etc etc but i dont want to keep updating their picture as i have a picture i want to use on my phone?
If you press "Retrieve" rather than "Refresh", it will only fill in blanks.

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Ok but then if i want to refresh all my other contacts from the list, with new profile pictures etc then it will do this 1 contact too? is there no way to remove a contact from the list?

Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Ok but then if i want to refresh all my other contacts from the list, with new profile pictures etc then it will do this 1 contact too? is there no way to remove a contact from the list?
Not at the moment, no. Patches (or at least a bug report on which a spec can be hung) welcome. Current thought is the use of a X-MAEMO-HERMES-... field or fields to store metadata ("can change photo", "do not change photo", "birthday inaccurate") against a contact.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
is it posible to get hermes to store somewhere on n900 all the pictures that you updated, from profiles??? that would be great!
...so you can any time pic some other picture...
OR...
to be able to even select picture from the "profile pictures" album, on FB???
...is it posible???

When i select "Accounts" there is only a "Use Facebook" check box, but nowhere to input my facebook account details for it to retreive my contacts information. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Apologies if this has already been suggested, I have not read the whole thread, but would it be possible to implement the contacts added using the jabber/facebook chat feature into Hermes? By this I mean when you add a facebook chat account using jabber it adds all your facebook friends into your contact list and you have duplicates for all your friends that you have in both your FB friends list and phone contacts. Is there a way to add a mass merge feature into Hermes to get rid of the duplicates?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kamikaze For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dreusNighthawk View Post
When i select "Accounts" there is only a "Use Facebook" check box, but nowhere to input my facebook account details for it to retreive my contacts information. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
There should be a message saying something like "Note: authentication for Facebook is done via browser, as required". i.e. if/when it needs your Facebook credentials it will open a web browser on facebook.com for you to authenticate.

Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Apologies if this has already been suggested, I have not read the whole thread, but would it be possible to implement the contacts added using the jabber/facebook chat feature into Hermes? By this I mean when you add a facebook chat account using jabber it adds all your facebook friends into your contact list and you have duplicates for all your friends that you have in both your FB friends list and phone contacts. Is there a way to add a mass merge feature into Hermes to get rid of the duplicates?
this would be a great feature and would help alot can it be implemented

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Is there a plan to add Orkut support in Hermes? Facebook is not popular here in Brazil, Orkut dominates, I think that's the case in India also.

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website