Notices

I'm having problems deleting shows too. Had uninstall and delete the database manually as mentioned above.

Would be great if this can be sorted!

Good app nonetheless!

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of this app. The new release with the cover images is really great.

I, too, have had problems with database corruption. After upgrading, some of my series titles were messed up and I couldn't delete them anymore.
I read this thread and erased my database to start over from scratch. But after adding the first series, the title would not be show in the main view and I could not delete it anymore.

Reading the other posts of people having the same problem, I might have a clue of the root of the problem: the title of the first series I added (in an empty database) contained an '&' character (it's 'Law & order'). Before deleting my database, the series that were messed up and I could not delete also contained an '&' character in their title.
I also noticed that Taomyn (who has the same problem) could not delete the series 'Penn & Teller'.

I have added a few series (without '&' in their title) and everything is working fine.

I hope this can help you jrocha.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lolo-kun View Post
First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of this app. The new release with the cover images is really great.

I, too, have had problems with database corruption. After upgrading, some of my series titles were messed up and I couldn't delete them anymore.
I read this thread and erased my database to start over from scratch. But after adding the first series, the title would not be show in the main view and I could not delete it anymore.

Reading the other posts of people having the same problem, I might have a clue of the root of the problem: the title of the first series I added (in an empty database) contained an '&' character (it's 'Law & order'). Before deleting my database, the series that were messed up and I could not delete also contained an '&' character in their title.
I also noticed that Taomyn (who has the same problem) could not delete the series 'Penn & Teller'.

I have added a few series (without '&' in their title) and everything is working fine.

I hope this can help you jrocha.
Interesting, but my original issue was with "Bang goes the Theory" which might be an apt name in this case

Still, I hope this gets solved soon as the app is useless in this state and should at least be removed from the repository until fixed.

I did a little more testing with seriesfinale to try to find clues that would help jrocha solving these little bugs.

On an empty database, if I had the series 'Fringe' or 'Bang goes the theory', everything works fine but I can't delete the show (but I can delete episodes, mark them, etc...).

If I add another show which title contains an '&' character (like 'Law & Order'), both shows appear with the same title (in my case 'Fringe' for both shows).
If I look inside the second 'Fringe' series, I see the 'Law & Order' seasons and episodes.
I can neither delete 'Fringe' nor 'Law & Order'.

At this point I should probably enter a formal bug for seriesfinale, but I can't remember if (and where) there is a way to do it for maemo apps.

Originally Posted by lolo-kun View Post
I did a little more testing with seriesfinale to try to find clues that would help jrocha solving these little bugs.

On an empty database, if I had the series 'Fringe' or 'Bang goes the theory', everything works fine but I can't delete the show (but I can delete episodes, mark them, etc...).

If I add another show which title contains an '&' character (like 'Law & Order'), both shows appear with the same title (in my case 'Fringe' for both shows).
If I look inside the second 'Fringe' series, I see the 'Law & Order' seasons and episodes.
I can neither delete 'Fringe' nor 'Law & Order'.

At this point I should probably enter a formal bug for seriesfinale, but I can't remember if (and where) there is a way to do it for maemo apps.
I had a similar thought, about special characters and such, and also that maybe the presentation of the data on the website from which SeriesFinale gets in info from may have slight differences in certain shows.

I thought about it after reading the "&" problem, and realised that my messed up series was American Dad! which actually has the "!" in it. However after deleting the .db file, and adding it again, it seems fine... so I'm confused again (perhaps a problem before the update).

I think it is probably not necessary to uninstall the app, but to just delete the .db file, and presumably keep any settings. But certainly a bug that needs addressing before any aesthetic bugs are fixed.

Thanks to Taomyn for the response, it worked fine... my problem was that I misunderstood when you said "home directory", so I cd'd to the parent directory which is called 'home'. And it seems I even used the right switch to show hidden files... there just weren't any where I was looking!

Time to build my database again!

I'm wondering now, if it's special characters causing this then as the .db file is text, if maybe we can edit it manually and put the correct 'escape' character in front of them.

This might help prevent us having to keep resetting each time it happens until the issue is fixed.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
I'm wondering now, if it's special characters causing this then as the .db file is text, if maybe we can edit it manually and put the correct 'escape' character in front of them
I have this issue with "Brothers & Sisters": the title in the episode list view is correct but on the main window it shows "Little mosque on the prairie", which is the last entry. Incidentally, the icons are correct.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Look in ./.osso/seriesfinale in your home directory - it's hidden. Not sure why it doesn't get removed on an uninstall.
I believe this is a matter of policy: in debian packaging, you're not supposed to remove configuration files on uninstall. You could try running "dpkg --purge seriesfinale" from the terminal as root: that should clear the config files.

I have a bug when trying to erase 30 Rock from my list. It also fails to update an image to the grouping ... anyone can repeat it? I think something is wrong with the way 30 Rock is retrieved or stored in TheTVDB

Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
I believe this is a matter of policy: in debian packaging, you're not supposed to remove configuration files on uninstall. You could try running "dpkg --purge seriesfinale" from the terminal as root: that should clear the config files.
I'm not worried about the configuration file, it's the database file that gets corrupted and should be removed by uninstalling.