Active Topics

Notices

Any update on this? It is really useful as I need to track sent messages! Many thanks for that, but there is a problem.
If I set it to count from day nr. 9, I need to do that again each time I reboot as it resets to 1. Sometimes when I set the day to 9 again, other shortcuts on the same desktop page dissappear and others move around!
And also, I dont know if it's related, but yesterday i installet Siggy and the counter widget went in an empty square shape! I dont know if there are some packagedependencies, but I uninstalled both and only reinstalled the counterwidget which works again (except the moving icon thing)
Again thanks for this great widget!
Wheatbisc

The Following User Says Thank You to wheatbisc For This Useful Post:
wheatbisc:
Ok, I realize now that there is an issue with the reboot and the setting resetting itself to 1. I did not take the reboots into account. Stupid me. Luckily changing that is simple to do, I need to utilize gconf and read the setting from there during reboot. I'll add that to my to-do list.

I have not experienced the disappearing shortcuts when changing the settings. I have seen the widgets and shortcuts disappear sometimes on my device as well, but unrelated to my widget (on that device the widget was not installed). But I have to check that as well.

I have to install the siggy widget widget myself to see what could be the cause for this. Dependencies is a good guess.

Now the bad news.
I will not check these out until next week when I get back from my skiing trip. Hopefully you can wait... Pretty please...

Hartti

badboyuk:
You want to completely reset the counter? For the totals or for the current "month"?

(There are simple setting to change the start day of the tracking period. I could add the total counter reset in there as well - and add that in the gconf as well to keep that reset in force even during reboots, see my other response to wheatbisc. Is that something you are looking after? Or do you want to reset monthly stats as well)

Thanks for the feedback!

H

The Following User Says Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hartti View Post
wheatbisc:
]Ok, I realize now that there is an issue with the reboot and the setting resetting itself to 1. I did not take the reboots into account. Stupid me. Luckily changing that is simple to do, I need to utilize gconf and read the setting from there during reboot. I'll add that to my to-do list.

I have not experienced the disappearing shortcuts when changing the settings. I have seen the widgets and shortcuts disappear sometimes on my device as well, but unrelated to my widget (on that device the widget was not installed). But I have to check that as well.

I have to install the siggy widget widget myself to see what could be the cause for this. Dependencies is a good guess.

Now the bad news.
I will not check these out until next week when I get back from my skiing trip. Hopefully you can wait... Pretty please...

Hartti
I checked again on the disappearing icons, and after the second or third reboot, I don't seem to have lost any, only been moving - but again it is actually recreatable every time!

And if you are busy, just take your time dude. The widget needs some caring, but it is working and doing its job!

Wheatbisc

EDIT: Disappearing icons again.. It is random icons on the same desktop page. After reboot, they are on another desktop page...

Last edited by wheatbisc; 2010-04-07 at 19:48.

Hi Harti !

Allow me to sum up few thing if you could consider please :

1. While in settings, and trying to choose the day of the month, the interface got unresponsive, making it impossible to choose the the proper day. Especially after freshly added the widget to desktop. this is BIG problem as makes it nearly impossible to choose day.

2., Are you sure, that the widget counting sms messages from chosen date of the month till the same day next month than automatically reset itsef ?

3., All time numbers are always the same at least in my case, so it is must be a bug, I guess.

4., Would be so great, if possible to choose of the format it shows data, like : Only sent / only received / with or without all-numbers / all complete like now /etc.

5., 2 Reset buttons inside of settings, which makes all time number and month number reset separtely if user wanted.

6.,Are yopu reading out sent messages number form system settings, or you count it while widget is active ? (I am asking to recover a possible bug)

7., Correctly reboot option to keep widget visible.

8., Store widget desktop position, so even if it close but re-added, make sure to not need to replace it to original position.

Sorry for this extended list, but it is a great application, woudl be great to make it perfect, if you agree.

Many Thanks for your time and reply,

Andras

The Following User Says Thank You to coolice For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
ok, this is strange: sms counter widget is showing that i have 836 SMS sent and received messages, and widgets for the conversation is telling me that I have 800 conversations ....
??????????????????

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California, USA
Does this work, even if I delete the SMS from my conversations?

'Keep your friend close and your enemies closer.'

hey guys,
i love this app, so i always know if i still have free sms and so on.. but i have a problem after updating to pr 1.2 the counter stopped counting on 13804 sms

any suggestions how to solve that?

thanks in advance

after the new pr 1.2 update it doesnt display anything. I can add an remove the widget from the desktop but its just blank. Ive uninstalled it now. I hope someone can fix not only this issue but also the configuration on the sms counter widget. As it doesnt tell you from which month or period it is counting, a reset button would be nice (idealy for the month) or it could be a complete 1 or just give us both options :-p Changing of background colour or having it transparent would also be a good option to have. It would also be nice if there is another new version then if an MMS counter could be added in as well which would have to link up via fMMS app, don't know if that would be possible but just an idea.
Overall more options would definetly make this widget amazing, currently the info it displays is unusable and the ways to go around it to do things are inconvenient to do all the time.

I look forward to a future update on this widget

Last edited by badboyuk; 2010-06-03 at 13:37.

+1, this widget is broken now.

Please fix it.