Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
Having some problems with this app. After uninstalling and reinstalling autodisconnect stopped working it just won't cut connections. I have checked all the setting and have it enabled. The .log is too big to be posted -.-' Everything seem to have worked till 2. april but after that no stopped connections.
You don't need to post the whole log file. Just the last 30 lines or so.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
You don't need to post the whole log file. Just the last 30 lines or so.
Here's the shortened log. Hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: txt autodisconnect.log.txt (2.0 KB, 111 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuukka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
Here's the shortened log. Hope it helps!
The log is correct and proves that autodisconnect do right things. Maybe it is a dbus problem on your device.

Could you connect to Internet, and then run the following command, it should stop the connection.

Code:
 dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Hi, sadly Autodisconnect is not working for me anymore.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted.

gconftool output:
Code:
~ $ gconftool-2 -R /apps/autodisconnect
param_enabled = true
param_interval = 5
param_connection_gprs = true
param_notifications = true
param_min_bytes = 512
there is no file /etc/network/if-up.d/99_autodisconnect and there is no
autodisconnect process running.

How can I fix this?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I'm having the same problem. It seems that everything worked fine until 2 April but after that there are no entries in the log file. I can't find autodisconnect process running or the /etc/if-up.d/99_autodisconnect file either.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
The log is correct and proves that autodisconnect do right things. Maybe it is a dbus problem on your device.

Could you connect to Internet, and then run the following command, it should stop the connection.

Code:
 dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true
Thanks.
Hey,

dbus is working fine. Connection is disconnected immeadly after executing that script.

Edit: I have the same situation as the guys above. No 99_autodisconnect file in /etc/network/if-up/

Hope this problem get solved.

Last edited by Tuukka; 2010-04-09 at 15:07.

Does this app have to be active in the task manager or does it run in the background and the app you open is just to bring up the settings?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@darkanon
Works in background. When it is set up you will see notification for auto disconnect every time you start data connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
i'm having the same problem. This was working miracles for me and all of a sudden my battery died in the middle of the day yesterday Tried uninstall, reinstall, reboot, nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas how to fix?It looks to have gone down the same time as battery eye went down. If it helps any, the only thing I have changed has been to OC my device to 800Mhz. Device was working fine for 3 days after OC though

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
This is a brilliant app and of all the different tweaks and apps that I have tested - this one seems to have the biggest impact on saving battery. Top marks to the dude who developed this nice little one.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post: