Notices

Hey

It has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer, so..
When only knowing the adress/street name (no postal code or city), is it possible to search directly for it, or there is no way around the city?

Wheatbisc

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Hello all,
I've read a lot of threads, i'm so confused and can find a solution.
Can anyone send me a PM or Quote this reply, with a possible solution to me please.

I cant get GPS in SYGIC..it have 3\4 satelites MAX, dont go more than that (without 3G obviously..only with GPS).

Please help ..

Regards.

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
anyone can share the way you can make a teleatlas map to work with sygic? how the mlm should look like? or maybe another trick....

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
ok... sygic blew it now.

i hope they are reading this.

they never responded to my messages, though they were recieved.

here is a copy/paste of the NON-READ and DELETED messages, which i never recieved a response to, all from martin kalis, martink@sygic.com

this was re: a response to an issue of the purchase
Your message was deleted without being read on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:26:51 AM (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague.

this was re: a response to an issue of the purchase
Your message was deleted without being read on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:26:54 AM (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague.

this was re: an order that was not correct and needed to be refunded
Your message was deleted without being read on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:26:54 AM (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague.

all i can say is that will be the last software i buy from them and that i am glad i was able to get ONLY 1 DOWNLOAD OF THE ZIP FILE, as after i tried to download to anther pc, it was at its limit of 5 downloads, which imo, is absolute crap.

Sygic routes me away from highways whenever it has a chance.
No matter what I do, which settings I choose, it is constantly telling me to get off at the next exit and take backroads to my destination.

It usually thinks I am on the frontage roads next to the highway- I realize this is probably because my N900 isn't mounted high enough toward my dash or windshield...

I am using North American Maps.

Am I the only idiot with this problem?
Please, if anyone has any insights, I'd appreciate feeling stupid on this one.....I have searched high and low and find no record of this issue. Should I reinstall??

Thanks

dcarter

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by youxing View Post
There is no need to delete them!

Step-By-Step Directions:

Make sure to install rootsh from the Application Manager.

Download this attachment to your N900, do not put it into any folder, so that you can see it in your file manager (/home/user/MyDocs/)

Open XTerminal

Type:

Code:
sudo gainroot

cd /home/user/MyDocs/

mv tracker.cfg.txt /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg

exit
Then restart your phone.

Open up XTerminal again,

then type:

Code:

tracker-processes -r

exit
Restart your phone again, and start Media Player. Those annoying sound files should be gone!

For those people who are curious about what I did, this is the line i added to the file /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg

Code:
# List of directory roots NOT to index and NOT to watch (separator=;)
NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/Res/;
Have fun!

Youxing

Edit: updating tracker-processes doesn't require root. Edited instructions accordingly!
what is the password for root? noob i know

Anyone ever received any response from Sygic support? I tried to buy the app some days ago, never received any email with download links etc and no answers to email to support....
I know this ain't the right place to complain, just hoping maybe someone from Sygic notices this

//K

Edit: finally they contacted me and I was able to get the product Going to try it out tomorrow and see if it was money well spent...

Last edited by Kee; 2010-04-07 at 19:55. Reason: no longer valid post

Hello, everyone notice this or just me?

Do you notice,....whenever sygic reached your destination, it always,... "Your destination is on your left or right"

Mine always tell me the wrong side...when it is suppose to be on the left, it said "Your destination is on your right, and it is suppose to say right, it said "Your destination is on your left. ???? duhhhhhh???

Another thing is that, since i am in US, the map blacklight always change to night instead of morning, and when i used it at night, it always changed to morning.??? Maybe because it is a European products???? LOL???

Hi Jesuska
I had the same problem with the maps being behind. I found a web site that is brilliant. Here a simple program change that anyone with a little computer experience can do at home. If you conect your N900 to your PC, go to the N900 flash disk, go to ./Drive/maemo/settings.ini

change three settings as follows

fps=16.0
antialias=false
PositionFiltering=false

and save it. It worked brilliantly for me.

It is suggested that you back up the folders before you change them, but I discovered they are all already on the PC after downloading the program from the internet under Program/sygic navigation/maemo. If you make a mistake you can copy the original files that are on your PC back to your device.

Here a link to another great web site where a couple of other changes are explained, for example how to turn off the annoying "safety message"

http://zehjotkah.blogspot.com/2010/03/sygic-modden.html

Have fun, it made the navi software for me worth the money.
By the way, I have sent all this to the really nice guys at Sygic and have been in regular contact with them about these problems, and I believe they will be taking the suggestions seriously for an update.

Hi Jesuska
I had the same problem with the maps being behind. I found a web site that is brilliant. Here a simple program change that anyone with a little computer experience can do at home. If you conect your N900 to your PC, go to the N900 flash disk, go to ./Drive/maemo/settings.ini

change three settings as follows

fps=16.0
antialias=false
PositionFiltering=false

and save it. It worked brilliantly for me.

It is suggested that you back up the folders before you change them, but I discovered they are all already on the PC after downloading the program from the internet under Program/sygic navigation/maemo. If you make a mistake you can copy the original files that are on your PC back to your device.

Here a link to another great web site where a couple of other changes are explained, for example how to turn off the annoying "safety message"

http://zehjotkah.blogspot.com/2010/03/sygic-modden.html

Have fun, it made the navi software for me worth the money.
By the way, I have sent all this to the really nice guys at Sygic and have been in regular contact with them about these problems, and I believe they will be taking the suggestions seriously for an update.