hi Vitaly, how about a little update on the development process of MfE ??

It's been a while since we've had some news

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
I've had my n900 2 months now... I'm on the latest update and at no point have I had issues with e-mail! I sync my personal account, my hotmail account and my work exchange account (2007 I suspect this is). Setup was easy, at no point have I had any major issues, the issues have experienced have been serverside I believe. Pull e-mail on the n900 - does exactly what it says on the can!

Thanks vitaly_repin

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The current version is in both extras-testing and extras-devel, so the recommended installation process would be to configure and enable one of those repositories (after having read the prominent warnings about these repositories), then install the application via App Manager.

You should try and avoid installing packages outside of App Manager, as you're likely to run into dependency issues. If you do want to do so, you'll need the armel version and not the i386 version.
Thank you very much. BTW, I installed the app and believe me, it works like a charm....

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Currently, yes. With one minor addition - your employer has to explicitly state (in MS Exchange Server configuration) that non-provisioning devices are NOT supported. .

Hi there

What is the status of the provisional MfE things? is it still a stoper for exchange if the organisation has decided not to allow phones to synchronize unless they allow autolock?

I can't consider buying this phone unless somebody tells me that thi issue has been fixed (I need my professional emails on my smartphone otherwise it becomes just...a gadget...and therfore would continue utilizing my N97 which works perfectly with MfE

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Exchange Provisioning is not available in Maemo 5 on N900 and (in my opinion) probably will never be available, as it requires DRM on the device.

Due to the problems I have had (and still have) getting my N900 to work with Exchange outside of our office I made the decision today to continue with the Blackberry 8120 Pearl's for another 2 years

A shame as email was the driving force behind the decision and im still waiting for neopwn2 with no pending release date and no potential fix on the MfE for it to work with ease I just couldnt take the risk

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Is there any plan to support multiple exchange accounts in an upcoming release? I really need that.

Question: Our exchange server seems to conform to the requirements to get this working however it won't work. We do require that users re-authenticate every 10 minutes when using webmail, is this what could be causing the connection error?

As a side note the MfE connection wizard on the n900 is really poor, if your e-mail address contains an apostrophe, the wizard won't accept it but it won't bother telling you what the problem is, it just greys out the "next" button. Also not letting you save your settings unless you succesfully connect to exchange is pretty daft.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ush View Post
Question: Our exchange server seems to conform to the requirements to get this working however it won't work. We do require that users re-authenticate every 10 minutes when using webmail, is this what could be causing the connection error?
It shouldn't do. What error are you actually getting? If it's an authentication error, have you tried running the certificate debugging steps?

Originally Posted by labra View Post
Hi!

Now I managed to solve this. I added the cert to the certificate store. By going though the /home/user/ directory I found out that these certificates are put to /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory. The /home/user/.activesync/certs/ -directory does not have any symlinks to there. I manually symlinked the imported certificate from the .maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory to the activesync's directory, and it works!

(though it shouldn't be this hard)...

BR, Lari
I checked my folders and there was no directory /home/user/.activesync/certs so I created one. I looked in /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ and there were no certs. Could only find certs in /etc/certs/common-ca as .pem files

I tried smlink from /etc/certs/common-ca to /home/user/.activesync/certs but this did not work.

I have tried importing the cert as a .p7b file and saving it in /home/user/.activesync/certs and this did not work.

I have emailed the .p7b file and opened it in gmail and it did not work.

I have opened the zimbra(exchange) webmail site and accepted the certificate in the n900 browser and that has not worked.

running maemo 5 version 3.2010.02-8.002 on brand new n900

Apart from this hassle what a very nice thing an n900 is.

Can you please help.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!