Closed Thread
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juise- View Post
So you don't want them? What are you then still doing around this thread?

When's the last time you've used fax? (Mine: never)
Propably in the 90's when you had your 2110 with extra battery in your pocket.

Originally Posted by Blinde View Post
Propably in the 90's when you had your 2110 with extra battery in your pocket.
I have an extra battery in my pocket with my N900!!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Even if it gets flash 10.1, we're not getting gpu rendering, because the linux release does not have it on this version yet...

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Damn it - went to bed and missed the 1000th post...does anyone mind if we start again please?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by markn View Post
oh what a load of nonsense this thread is... you poor sad n900 users. i am a realist and will get it the day it comes out.... whenever that may be.
No, I'd rather pitify the guy that didn't keep his childish sense of playing, experimenting and learning who impatiently and loudly waits for the good stuff that improves the toy he loves.

If the N900 is just another phone, gps and camera in your eyes, then why are you even commenting here? Go buy some smelly iCrap instead and get yourself lost in some commercial appstore.

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-04-09 at 08:18.

I can't wait for Duke Nukem Forever... err PR 1.2

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Damn it - went to bed and missed the 1000th post...does anyone mind if we start again please?
arent we dont that already?
957 to go!

I think we've already got 1.2 but it is not accessible simply through the update. in order to get the magic link you need to pass the level 16 of Angry Birds custom pack what doesn't look trivial. But once you do that, n900 update API will fire the event needNewFirmware, appropriate handler will catch it and download started. With 1.2 you will also get levels 17-21 for your custom pack.

The reason to this is that Nokia folk think if you are not playing AB, you don't need an update since you should be okay with out of the box firmware, no matter what version is. and only the biggest fans of n900 would get through the innovational update process.

... I've got a gps lock today, no more need in 1.2

Originally Posted by sebastian_ua View Post
I think we've already got 1.2 but it is not accessible simply through the update. in order to get the magic link you need to pass the level 16 of Angry Birds custom pack what doesn't look trivial. But once you do that, n900 update API will fire the event needNewFirmware, appropriate handler will catch it and download started. With 1.2 you will also get levels 17-21 for your custom pack.

The reason to this is that Nokia folk think if you are not playing AB, you don't need an update since you should be okay with out of the box firmware, no matter what version is. and only the biggest fans of n900 would get through the innovational update process.

... I've got a gps lock today, no more need in 1.2
ur not funny

Question, why can't we just create 1.2 from the sdk?

Is the amount of work prohibitive? Are there other factors?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I must have missed it.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever