Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
i have it stuck at -40 for a day. i hade a reading. it was first 20 then 40 than after a reboot, it became -40
Of course, after reboot - new life. The only parameters are preserved which are in flash. Temperature value is in kernel and after reboot it is lost and should be collected again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tidusuk123 View Post
Hi guys. I've tried Lehto's ulv 1000mhz kernel. Phone has booted but how do I activate 1000mhz. Conky reports 800mhz. I've tried looking back in the forum but can't figure it out.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Here.
Code:
sudo gainroot
echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
This 1000mhz stays only until a phonecall is made or next reboot, its NOT meant to be used all the time... its left in there if for some really odd reason you require 1000mhz of calculating power.

@Letho let me see if I'm getting this right:

IN THEORY you ULV kernel at 800mhz should actually be safer (more battery, more cpu life) than nokia's stock kernel at 600mhz?

I make this assumption based on past statements where they say that the shortlife on the cpu is caused by the increased voltage on the cpu to achieve high frecuencies.

Thanks!!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Trying the new titan kernel with the under voltage enabled and phone enhancements.
When making a phone call the max level currently at 900 stays the same which is good but the min ie 125 always defaults back to 250.
Any one else using 125 confirm.

Originally Posted by snakekontrol View Post
@Letho let me see if I'm getting this right:

IN THEORY you ULV kernel at 800mhz should actually be safer (more battery, more cpu life) than nokia's stock kernel at 600mhz?

I make this assumption based on past statements where they say that the shortlife on the cpu is caused by the increased voltage on the cpu to achieve high frecuencies.

Thanks!!
In theory yes. After all mine runs with about 1.17volts (estimated) compared to the stock 600mhz's 1.35volts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Trying the new titan kernel with the under voltage enabled and phone enhancements.
When making a phone call the max level currently at 900 stays the same which is good but the min ie 125 always defaults back to 250.
Any one else using 125 confirm.
Titan does not have undervoltage enabled yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to instigator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Damn.. i who hoped it was undervoltaged as it was rock solid.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
In theory yes. After all mine runs with about 1.17volts (estimated) compared to the stock 600mhz's 1.35volts.
Just curious to know how have you verified that which core voltage is still OK. What parameters do you monitor?

I have tested your normal (850MHz) and under voltage (800MHz) kernels with good success. Nice job!

Now testing Titan's latest (850MHz) without any troubles and waiting the low voltage version. Nice job too!

Keep on good work!

Thanks and best regards
-Gusse-

Last edited by Gusse; 2010-04-09 at 20:06.

Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
Just curious to know how have you verified that which core voltage is still OK. What parameters do you monitor?

I have tested your normal (850MHz) and under voltage (800MHz) kernels with good success. Nice job!

Now testing Titan's latest without any troubles and waiting the low voltage version. Nice job too!

Keep on good work!

Thanks and best regards
-Gusse-
30minutes 100% load behind charger. When that clock is stable and doesnt crash, I add one more voltage step and then move to next clock.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
mirrored at http://b-man.xceleo.org/files/pi_css5-vfp3.tar.bz2
Ok i've downloaded the file to my N900, so how do I actually use this?

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom