Active Topics

Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
I've run a few different permutations of Lehto's 900 MHz and titan's kernals set to 900 / 950 MHz for several days each over the past full week. No problems with any of them. I've just installed titan's ulv kernal. I immidiately got a spontaneous reboot with my first attempt at 1 GHz, so I've backed down to 950 again. The keyboard feels MUCH cooler. I'm very happy with the work these guys are doing!
which kernal is titans low volt? is it 250-900? and how do i set 900mhz?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
which kernal is titans low volt? is it 250-900? and how do i set 900mhz?
titan's low-voltage kernels
Hopefully they'll work for you as well as they do for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to zvogt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brasov, Romania
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Excellent !

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by horicav View Post
Excellent !
Yes... Because it now randomly reboots much faster!

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lwa View Post
flashed without using usb with fiasco-flasher. kept all my version info as standard so no need to restore version info or be worried how to auto-update to pr1.2 like some posters.
can you link me to a tutorial to do a no USB flashing? I just did flashed my N900 to 700MHz just to see how it goes. after playing with it for almost an hour i really feel the speed boost. I used the XP tutorial on flashing my device and using a zImage-700mhz kernel.

im kinda on the mood to flash the 800MHz... can you direct me to a stable kernel and a tutorial of how you do it without a usb.

thanks a lot.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
One word of warning to those experiencing instability: if you are triggering writes to the internal OneNAND memory (the one where most of the system files live), you are better off with reflashing the whole fiasco image.

Because of the nature of the medium, write operations cause shuffling around of random pages, to even out the wearing.

So, if your system memory gets corrupted, chances are that the data being shuffled around will be corrupted as well in the process. Meaning that this might have side effects on _your_ data as well.

Imagine if a library is corrupted and this library is used to manage your phone directory ...

Sure it's unlikely, but it can happen.

About overclocking in general: even if you are one of the lucky ones with a silicon that can withstand the clock rate, the code will be executed in timing conditions diferent from what it has been stress tested with.

So you are likely to expose timing bugs that so far have simply been hidden due to specific timing making certain locks redundant. Nothing dramatic in this case - it will not kill the HW - but it can still corrupt your data.

FAT partitions (like the one containing data exposed when conencting to PC over USB) and all the memory cards in general (unless you have formatted it by yourself) are relatively easy to get in corrupted state.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to igor For This Useful Post:
10% battery drain from 5.15am to 8am... IDLE

was 98% after full charge... its now showing 87%.. thats suicidal
i'm on 250-800(1000) mhz low voltage currently.. cpu on 800

running 1ghz 520 dsp for about 3 days now and it is one of my favourite kernels

the speed is tremendous on my handset it really flys through everything

ive tryed many kernels including the ulv ones but for me the 1ghz speeds are something iam having troubles getting away from

ive noticed when using the phone hard battery is affected but when idle the handset probably produces better battery reults

i tryed going back to the 800mhz and 900mhz but they seemed slower then the 1ghz so i think iam going to stick with this one for a while yet

i may try the 1ghz stock dsp to see if battery is any better

thanks for lehto to all his help and efforts as its his kernels ive been using

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Hello all,
due to OC, i can now run more apps with good speed at the same time at my n900.
Give a look, 40 apps running, phone alive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yB_6E_uHg

The Following User Says Thank You to nokian-series For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
10% battery drain from 5.15am to 8am... IDLE

was 98% after full charge... its now showing 87%.. thats suicidal
i'm on 250-800(1000) mhz low voltage currently.. cpu on 800
That has nothing to do with Lehto's kernel imo. Your phone must have been doing something without you knowing. It happens with the N900 sometimes.