Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Becareful with some of the really high clocks

Higher frequency = More Heat : FACT!
Yet another fact - the heat doubles with double frequency increase but in QUADRUPLES with voltage doubling.

The default governor - ondemand always goes immediately to highest allowed level when there is enough load to warrant higher frequency, but might decrease gradually. An alternative governor - conservative, also increases gradually.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
The latest Titan ULV version, made my videos non-accessible in N900

hi guys,

New to the forums so hi!

Ive had my N900 foir about 3 weeks and overclocked it to 800mhz and 125 idle.. its works great however about 2 hrs on th gba emu heated the keyboard up abit...

ne ways real reason for typing is my n900 ran out of battery last nite (didnt put the charger on at the wall......) so when i got up my phone was dead. (also left WiFi on). when i charged it and turned on my conky app tells me it had reverted to 600 mhz and 250 idle??? i only looked because my gba was running abit slow!!!

ie just reflashed it and its not back at 800mhz.. my question is will it revert ever time my battery runs out or i take the batter out????

cheers,

Azz

Originally Posted by Azzhanlon2004 View Post
hi guys,

New to the forums so hi!

Ive had my N900 foir about 3 weeks and overclocked it to 800mhz and 125 idle.. its works great however about 2 hrs on th gba emu heated the keyboard up abit...

ne ways real reason for typing is my n900 ran out of battery last nite (didnt put the charger on at the wall......) so when i got up my phone was dead. (also left WiFi on). when i charged it and turned on my conky app tells me it had reverted to 600 mhz and 250 idle??? i only looked because my gba was running abit slow!!!

ie just reflashed it and its not back at 800mhz.. my question is will it revert ever time my battery runs out or i take the batter out????

cheers,

Azz

when i am taking my battery out overclocking stays the same nothing's changed.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I think Im pretty much done with the N900 clocking. The kernels that are currently available will be available and thats it. I've gotten my own phone now pretty well optimized with clockspeeds and voltages and dont really need any reason to tamper with settings anymore. Now Im going to just enjoy the device and do normal things with it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
when i am taking my battery out overclocking stays the same nothing's changed.
Weird isnt it??? im going to let my batt run out again tonite to see if it happens again..

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
The default governor - ondemand always goes immediately to highest allowed level when there is enough load to warrant higher frequency, but might decrease gradually. An alternative governor - conservative, also increases gradually.
Thanks, Matan, I experiment with powersave_bias which puts a brake into path of standard ondemand governor. Stock kernel hasn't conservative.

Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
I think Im pretty much done with the N900 clocking. The kernels that are currently available will be available and thats it. I've gotten my own phone now pretty well optimized with clockspeeds and voltages and dont really need any reason to tamper with settings anymore. Now Im going to just enjoy the device and do normal things with it.
What did you chose ? (I missed it in huge this huge talk, sorry)

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
Thank you for all of your hard work! Much appreciated!

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom