Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
So, what is the current status of this emu?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
how do i launch this emu?

Has anyone run this on an overclocked N900??

i want to but i dont know how to launch it

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
if you don't know, then you don't install it. it is really simple.

there are really good reasons for the app being only zipped, not packed to deb and put to extras.........
Thats stupid. before i started my linux adventure on the n900 i didnt know anything about how to install or edit stuff. People need to learn how before they can actually do it you know! and how did you do it then? There must have been a moment when someone told you how to do it.

So your answer is very very lame! I know quit alot about my n900 allready. i reflashed couple of times edited files, overclocked my CPU to 900 mHz but i also dont know how to install -null files and i would love to know it.

But if everyone reacts like you do. i will never learn how.

Someone else who can help the people who also wanna try this?

PS.

I think it will run like a charm on 900 mHz. at least the playstation emulator does (30 FPS now on the overclocked CPU)

Last edited by sygys; 2010-04-07 at 06:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
i agree with the above, i hate the attitude of "if you dont know dont do" everybody needs to learn sometime eh?

How do we launch this?

i agree as well... something new to learn. started the same as sygys n900 being my first play with linux, so id like the option of being able to, if someones will to post how.

I agree too that if you don't know how, then you should be able to learn it.

But ossipena is right, if you don't know how to install and run it, you shouldn't install and run it. It's out of the scope of this forum to teach how to use linux, so just go to Google or somewhere else, learn how to, and then come back.

If we just tell you do A, B then C, you'll come back with 2^42 questions of why you did that, what you modified, how to uninstall, and that list never ends.

So, just because teaching how to use an OS is out of scope, ossipena is pretty right there.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpideyBR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SpideyBR View Post
I agree too that if you don't know how, then you should be able to learn it.

But ossipena is right, if you don't know how to install and run it, you shouldn't install and run it. It's out of the scope of this forum to teach how to use linux, so just go to Google or somewhere else, learn how to, and then come back.

If we just tell you do A, B then C, you'll come back with 2^42 questions of why you did that, what you modified, how to uninstall, and that list never ends.

So, just because teaching how to use an OS is out of scope, ossipena is pretty right there.
oh dear this thread is doomed to go downhill now! :0/
you signed up just to say this?
google most things about maemo and guess where you end up?
yeah thats right, HERE!

so, your effort to sign up and fan the fires or the impending flame war would have surly been better spent answering the original question, rather than wish the n900 was an exclusive geeky toy made just for linux gurus, as you obviously see yourself!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baron von bubba For This Useful Post:
Continue the great work!