Active Topics

Notices

Rather than remove database, give user access to it

sudo gainroot
chown -R user:users /home/user/.midgard2

Originally Posted by mkex View Post
Rather than remove database, give user access to it
?? The problem with the "hit bug xx, please restart" (since 0.5.2) is a corrupted database due to application being killed while initializing.

0.5.2 postinstall copies a preinitialized database to users home and sets correct permissions (but if and only if there is no existing database file).

Pre 0.5.2 on first start we hit this bug once after db has initialized (requiring program restart).

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
?? The problem with the "hit bug xx, please restart" (since 0.5.2) is a corrupted database due to application being killed while initializing.
Figured it out, you're right the .midgard2 directory is created with wrong permissions if it does not exist when installing. Rolling a new package...

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Figured it out, you're right the .midgard2 directory is created with wrong permissions if it does not exist when installing. Rolling a new package...
0.5.4 promoted, it has the european calculator mode too.

Last edited by rambo; 2010-04-13 at 08:25. Reason: changed link to extras-testing now that the package landed there

Last version finally seems to work for me, so no more reason to put off my weight loss plans I guess..

Any thoughts about adding more attributes to log? I have this fancy digital scale (Omron BF500 Body Composition Monitor) and would love to log also:
Visceral Fat level
Body Fat %
Skeletal Muscle %
Resting Metabolism Rate
BMI (can be calculated of course)
and at least waist but why not other strategic measurements as well.

Seems I require a lot of gizmos to keep myself motivated

//K

Originally Posted by Kee View Post
Any thoughts about adding more attributes to log?
It's possible but complicates things (the software should be kept as simple as possible so the main goal of it actually being used to log every meal etc is not interfered with), for now I suggest you use the notes field for any extra info you wish to store.

I admit for data-analysis it would be much better that such information was in it's dedicated fields but if you use a sensible notation in the notes field you can parse the data from there later when I have time to make the export function.

Others: Remember to update your versions and to upvote 0.5.4

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
How do you get 0.5.4 version of this? I can only see 0.5.3 in N900 app manager.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
How do you get 0.5.4 version of this? I can only see 0.5.3 in N900 app manager.
Try refreshing the list: app manager -> downloads -> (from menu) refresh.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Just tried this app but perhaps more than I need. Just wanted a simple app to log my (hopefully) weight loss. Couldn't also see how to put in a value in kg with a decimal.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Just tried this app but perhaps more than I need. Just wanted a simple app to log my (hopefully) weight loss. Couldn't also see how to put in a value in kg with a decimal.
I should be usable as a simple log too, the decimal problem has to do with the Hildon numeric input method which for the weirdest reason does not allow decimal separator.

A simple workaround would be to use the "full" input mode but that has it's own annoyances. If someone knows how to make custom HIM (Hildon Input Method) profiles in python (especially ones that just add valid characters to existing ones) let me know...

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post: