Active Topics

Notices

Fuelpad has numeric input with decimals, maybe something to check out?

Originally Posted by Kee View Post
Fuelpad has numeric input with decimals, maybe something to check out?
It's C but it confirmed to me that an idea I had (but hadn't tested yet) might be workable (what initially threw me off was the fact that the input modes are "proper" python objects so I didn't think one can do boolean algebra with them, silly me...)

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=610817&postcount=4 Shows usable approach and I think I'll package that tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
I think I'll package that tomorrow.
Landed in extras-devel, don't have time to do my basic upgrade and reinstall tests now so if it works for you let me know and I'll promote it to testing.

Edit: Smoke-tested it earlier today at Helsinki Hacklab weekly meeting and promoted but it seems it's not in testing yet.

Last edited by rambo; 2010-04-15 at 19:47.

Edit: Smoke-tested it earlier today at Helsinki Hacklab weekly meeting and promoted but it seems it's not in testing yet.
Now 0.5.5 is in testing.

Added some stuff to the bug and feature request trackers.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
hey did you know you can't add this as a shortcut on desktop?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
hey did you know you can't add this as a shortcut on desktop?
No, but indeed I just checked it and it doesn't even show in the list. I have no idea of the criteria for what to show in that list and what not but it probably has something to do with the .desktop file.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I finally got brave enough to enable extras-testing. I installed maecalories, ran it and it crashed immediately. Tested a few times, and it does it every time. I tried removing the db file, but it doesn't change the behaviour in any way. Here's the error message from the terminal.

Code:
 $ maecalories 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/maecalories", line 12, in <module>
    mainwindow.instance.mainloop()
  File "/home/opt/maecalories/libs/mainwindow.py", line 201, in mainloop
    storage.instance.initialize(self.mainwindow)
  File "/home/opt/maecalories/libs/storage.py", line 53, in initialize
    self.connect()
  File "/home/opt/maecalories/libs/storage.py", line 42, in connect
    raise Exception('Could not open database connection, reason: %s' % midgard._connection.get_error_string())
Exception: Could not open database connection, reason: Not connected to the Midgard database. Database [DB_DIR=/home/user/.midgard2/data;DB_NAME=maecalories]. Ingen leverantör "SQLite" installerad

Last edited by basse; 2010-05-19 at 06:47.

Originally Posted by basse View Post
Code:
/user/.midgard2/data;DB_NAME=maecalories]. Ingen leverantör "SQLite" installerad
You're missing SQLite backend for libgda, how this is possible when the maecalories package clearly depends on 'libgda3-sqlite' is another question...

Edit: Possible solution: uninstall maecalories install libgda3-sqlite manually and then reinstall maecalories.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
You're missing SQLite backend for libgda, how this is possible when the maecalories package clearly depends on 'libgda3-sqlite' is another question...

Edit: Possible solution: uninstall maecalories install libgda3-sqlite manually and then reinstall maecalories.
I kind of thought that the problem would be with missing dependencies, but wasn't sure. It seems strange. I'll try installing the sql backend manually. Thank's for the help.