Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jfk View Post
Especially the user profile questions seemed to me to be redundant.
Redundant, and rather personal. Does anyone select the options specifying that they never go anywhere with family or friends? I wonder what kind of phone Nokia would develop for *them*?

Ironically, the survey form didn't seem to work well when I used the N900 browser. My selections disappeared from time to time, and the switch widgets were not rendered well. I had to take the survey using my laptop.

I'm glad Nokia is interested in our opinions. I'm sure they'll get a lot of responses.

Last edited by Ken-Young; 2010-04-15 at 21:36. Reason: Add a sentence

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
I think the "user profile" part was to ensure that the answers you are giving are not random. Some questions were repeated there.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Done. Excellent survey.

Many (me included) thought nokia forgot about n900 users but this survey gave me hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
I thought the question about how many applications are you running right now was poor. When I answered the survey, my N900 was running 0 apps in the task switcher. Simply because when I am on my computer (where I was answering the survey from), I don't need to use the N900.

Perhaps they should take a JPSM course lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Good to know and great survey. Took some time to finish, though.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
Battery life comes into play too. A big 300-v cap will drain your batt quick.
My (cheap, noname) compact uses a 750mAh battery, the N900 uses a 1320mAh battery. So assuming the same flash was used it would eat about half of the battery to take the same amount of flash pictures as my camera can before the battery runs out. Since I'm already recharging my phone every night it wouldn't impact me personally too much.

The K800 did fine with a 900mAh battery and a xenon flash, but was a "dumbphone" so didn't have same power drain to the rest of the HW. Looking at disassembly pictures of it, it has two capacitors in it that takes a fair bit of space. Even if the battery can cope we'd be looking at a size increase so maybe not such a great idea after all?

Hopefully we'll eventually have a little bit of choice between different HW designs (eg with or without keyboard, diff screen sizes etc) and the type of camera could be one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It seemed to me that some of the questions could have been answered automatically, once they knew you were taking the survey on your N900. Like how many applications you were running, the exact version of software you were running. And of course, automatic collection would be more accurate than user reports.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by mava2 View Post
Done. But now I have to charge the battery......
I had to plug mine in during the survey.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Done it as well. Focused on lack of office apps and poor PIM functions, as well as phone!
I think the questions are repeated to guage internal validity of the questionnaire. They are asked a little differently for the same reason. It's good they are asking, anyhow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Thessaloniki, Greece
Done it too.. a bit long indeed, but hopefully it will reach some ppl at nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to kmare For This Useful Post:

Tags
survey, take me