Notices

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
need to sometimes kill hildon-desktop
Actually no. new WM means completely deleting hildon-desktop, 'cause two WM on one tablet — it's such a crazy idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Actually no. new WM means completely deleting hildon-desktop, 'cause two WM on one tablet — it's such a crazy idea.
That sounds really cool!

I love you smart Russian intellects!

If it wasn't for the two million nuclear warheads still pointing at eachother's countries weirdness, I totally could picture you and me kicking it off as friends. *lol*

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Kroll, In that case I like your mockup (however I think the top bar could use to be smaller, no more than 50 pixles)

Also, I had another idea for improving the diablo UI. Make an applet (either home, task, or statusbar) that would open a panel or window that would show all of the applications installed on the tablet. Basically it would show everything from /usr/share/applications/hildon on one scrolling screen, like maemo 5. However it would order the applications by frequency of use. The idea would be that each time a user clicks on an application in the menu it would keep a note that that application was used one more time. so it would sort them by the number of times used. Applications never used (like "help") would appear at the end while ones you used more often at the beginning. (I'm not sure if the maemo 5 menu does the ordering, iv never used it)

If there is interest I would like to develop this application. I am a long time maemo user but I have never developed for it. I am a php developer but I am learning python. If there is any interest and anybody would like to help me please let me know!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrlanrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Hi all, now you can get telescope 0.2 from extras-devel, or take .deb-file from garage page

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Also, I had another idea for improving the diablo UI
Actually it probably will be a part of Telescope... How did you find our idea? =)

Thanks for comments. I think we have to make a tunable bar (size and ability to turn it off)

I love you smart Russian intellects!
I do love your bonhomie! Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Actually it probably will be a part of Telescope... How did you find our idea? =)
Can I help? Id really like to start programing for maemo. But I have no idea where to start.

Please, talk to Mitrandir about it

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey Kroll.

Do you know what the command line is for changing the hildon background desktop image?

Nope.
But you can edit /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/home-background.conf.
If your wallpaper placed in /usr/share/backgrounds — CachedAs would be empty. If not — CacheAs would be with location of cached image.
Telescope use only BackgroundImage value, but in the next vesion it will use both, BackgroundImage and CacheAs.