Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
Hey,

received my Noreve FlipCase this week. It was definetly worth waiting for it. It was a on demand order, I chose an ebony tradition leather from the ambition series. So I had to wait ca. 5 weeks, but the case is great.

The case is very high quality. and theres no magnet clip.

Regards debrez

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Just a note for (mostly german?) users interested in EXIM screen protectors:
https://www.displayschutzfolien.com/index.php?cmd=start

Their newer versions also come with a cut-out corner for front camera and proximity sensor. Since I disliked the new design, I called their support to send it back. They told me quite a couple of users complained about the protector for causing heavy problems with the senser. Since I already had one of these installed (the older, full display version), I couldn't recproduce any problems related to the covered sensor.
Anyways, they'll produce a full covered one for me again and will send them for exchange with the cut-out one. So if you are going to order one here, you might should talk with them first if you are expecting/wanting a fully covered variant.

Now I am curious:
Has anyone here ever had any problems in terms of the proximity senser with a full-cover screen protector? I am talking about those "Ultra Clear" protectors (or whatever other companies might call them), not anti-glare or matt variants.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ troll cave
Has anyone tried to mod a case/pouch to be a bikemountable kit?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
Originally Posted by N900Esp View Post
Hi, Im going to buy a screenprotector for my N900 in amazon.com

I dont want to buy a cheaper or bad screen protector. I looked:
*BodyGuardZ Scratch-proof transparent,
*Lexerd - Nokia N900 TrueVue Anti-glare Cell Phone Screen Protector
*Amzer Super Clear Screen Protector
*ScreenGuardZ HD Screen Protector
*ZAGG invisibleSHIELD
...and I want to know wath is the best option.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12711881...%20n900&page=2

Somebody can help me...?

Thanks.
I got the Lexerd from Amazon. You only get one sheet, i have had it on my '900 for almost 2 months now. it does the job, just be very careful and take your time applying the protector so that you dont get any air bubbles or grit inside.

on the whole, the edge of the sticker has the potential to look grubby becuase the adhesive doesnt go to the very edges of the screen protector.

but, regardless, my screen has no scratches, no grubby oily smudges, etc

would i buy this type of screen protector again, yes. it does the job and i have no complaints.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
i have had an invisible shield on now for 5 months and its still good, you get used to the tacky feeling pretty quickly.

i also have a nok CP-321 case which i do not now recommend having dropped the phone and denting and scratching the bezel which sticks out the top of the case... time to try pdairs pouch which hopefully will be better at protecting my n900!

impressed with the build quailty of the n900 though as a similar drop to concrete shattered the screen on my wife's iphone...

The Nokia N900 Commuter Series Case is now available from OtterBox for $34.95. Anyone going to get it?

I got a clear snap-on case from fleabay. Some extraneous plastic 'flash' (for those uinfamiliar with the term, its the bits that are left over when you snip plastic parts from a model kit and other moulding inconsistencies), but they were easily filed off.

Like it a lot - so much so I've bought a couple of spares - doesn't get in the way, doesn't add a lot of bulk, easily removable, dead cheap (Like $3) and provides all the protection I'd reasonably want in terms of everyday abrasion resistance. I have similar cases for the Droid from the same guys, but the design isn't as good.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Screen Protectors - UK TEK:

Following a reccommendation from Bockersjv (Thanks for that) I ordered a 7-pack of UK Tek screen protectors as my Proporta screen protector had become scratched.

Although thinner, these far cheaper units offer amazing clarity compared to the Proporta with it's grained finish. The Proporta is an excellent product, but I missed the quality & clarity of the N900 screen...

There are cutouts for the speaker, camera and proximity sensor and they are an excellent fit. They are easy to apply - I have no bubbles at 1st attempt and adhesion looks good.

The feel and screen action are not as good as the Proprta - noticeably so when corkscrew-zooming. The high gloss finish shows fingerprints and I don't expect them to last as long, but the the low price means I can replace them every couple of weeks or so.

Most importantly for me, the screen clarity is vastly superior.

I've just ordered some more and some for the wife's N97 Mini.

Originally Posted by aapeli View Post
The Nokia N900 Commuter Series Case is now available from OtterBox for $34.95. Anyone going to get it?
I've only had it for about a week now but so far it rocks. All ports and stylus/speakers/camera are available all the time, sliding out keyboard is cake. Rubbery port covers keep that usb port clean.

I don't have a lot of experience with screen protectors but this one seems to work totally fine for me. I even like the size of the case itself as it fits in my hands better (less dropping!)
I haven't dropped it hard yet so I'm not sure how well the case actually protects, but it seems strong and definitely tons better than nuthin'. It did take a sec to get used to getting the stylus out and moving the lock switch (fingernail) but I'm already a pro at it. Definitely worth the $.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasfreak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Don't know if anyones spotted this yet (sod reading back through nearly 70 pages to find out!)...

Otterbox now has a N900 case on their website.

http://www.otterbox.com/nokia-cases/nokia-n900-cases/
I purchased one of these cases last week and it arrived on Monday.

The case is made of a hard black plastic material and comes with one screen protector. Note that the screen protector does not have a cutout for the front-facing camera, just for the speaker.

Installation of the included screen protector was extremely easy, as long as you follow the instructions included. The screen protector seems to be of fairly good quality, and you can easily 'smooth out' any bubbles trapped under it. You can peel it back and re-apply it if it doesn't go to well the first time.

The case itself is very good quality. The back piece has a silicone inner liner that provides some additional shock resistance.
The front piece just snaps to the front of the device, and that's about it. All ports and switches are accessible; the micro-usb and earphone jacks have little flaps that open up, while the power/camera/volume buttons have a thinner 'permanent' silicone cover that enables you to use them just fine.
Overall, the case adds maybe 1/8" to the overall thickness of the device, but I can still carry it in my front jeans' pocket without issues.

Some have mentioned the stylus is difficult to get out, and that is true. I don't use the included stylus; I have one of those Fisher Space Pens with the stylus tip, and I love it.
It's a bit pricey (around $20 on Amazon), but the size and weight are nearly perfect, and it's small enough to fit in your pocket without causing any discomfort.
Here's an old review for it: Click!

I hope this is useful for some of you thinking about purchasing this case.

The Following User Says Thank You to swiftkick For This Useful Post:

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector