Notices

hi all. i'm new to maemo, being a symbian user for the past 7 years. i'm currently on my n97 and my n900 is being shipped to me currently. i wanted to know if i should use the n97 or n900 as my primary "phone"?
my current list of essential "apps" on the n97 are:
1 email
2 google maps
3 x-plore
4 gmail app
5 opera(internet)
6 official live messenger which incorporate my contacts in the phonebook
7 skype
8 best birthday to remember my friends birthday
accuweather

just wondering if such appss are available on the n900 or any other alternative. thank you for your replies

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ ON,CANADA
Originally Posted by lp4u View Post
hi all. i'm new to maemo, being a symbian user for the past 7 years. i'm currently on my n97 and my n900 is being shipped to me currently. i wanted to know if i should use the n97 or n900 as my primary "phone"?
my current list of essential "apps" on the n97 are:
1 email
2 google maps
3 x-plore
4 gmail app
5 opera(internet)
6 official live messenger which incorporate my contacts in the phonebook
7 skype
8 best birthday to remember my friends birthday
accuweather

just wondering if such appss are available on the n900 or any other alternative. thank you for your replies
i have n97 n n900 use n97 for better battery life ...
n900 fck... it drains fast ...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Not sure about email as I use the default "Email" app on the N900.. I use Sygic for navigation (Ovi Maps serves as map only no turn by turn navi).. there are many applications like xplore but the only problem is that it's not user friendly like xplore.. but it's really not that bad... gmail app, well I use the Email app or the browser which is super fast.. once you use MicroB you will never would want to go back to opera.. live messenger, you can use the MSN Messenger plugin which will work on conversations and contacts... skype is built in with the N900.. Calendar is just like the Calendar in Symbian.. and finally there's a weather app, 2 of them actually so I am pretty sure you will like the N900...

I went from N95 to N900 and I don't regret it at all.. My advice is to try the N900 and dig deep into it.. find every cool thing about it.. SEARCH maemo for cool tricks/hints/apps.. etc..

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by smirnnoff_gurl905 View Post
i have n97 n n900 use n97 for better battery life ...
n900 fck... it drains fast ...
Not really mine doesn't drain fast.. it stays sometimes for more than a day with moderate use.. (music, web, and calls)..

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ ON,CANADA
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Not really mine doesn't drain fast.. it stays sometimes for more than a day with moderate use.. (music, web, and calls)..
yeah no apps ... maximize ur phone girl .. its build for this...