Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ok, let's move past personalities and onto the actual issues, please. Thanks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think that mrr is probably gone now so there is no one left to help...

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
And I have never understood why irritated posters even bother to answer the OP -- if they are irritated, why don't they go on to some other thread?
You are forgetting that Trolls live on childrens' tears and inflated post counts

Originally Posted by ryan.campini View Post
If your tired of answering the same question over and over there is a simple solution dont post reply someone else will help. plus he has only just joined this forum maybe because he felt he had a genuine problem. the community is here to help amature/regular users aswell as a place for advanced users dont you think?
You're*.

As far as him joining this forum because he thought he had a "genuine" problem, it really is of no concern to me that his three brain cells can't cope with an N900's functions and operation.

The community may be here to help others out, but for christ's sake (let's see how many bible thumpers get annoyed at that), look around a bit before you ask idiotic questions. (not you, specifically, Ryan).

My boss at Quarterdeck used to say that after you had been there awhile, it started to feel like the same user was calling up every day with the same questions, so you wanted to shout, "haven't you learned that yet??" But that it was important to remember that these were different users, each entitled to some respectful attention.

As soon as you pay me to listen to *****s asking the same questions over and over, I will adjust my attitude towards them. Alas, we're not getting paid to answer lazy, incompetent noobs' questions, here. Unless I'm missing something?

And I have never understood why irritated posters even bother to answer the OP -- if they are irritated, why don't they go on to some other thread?
Because some irritated posters don't have a problem telling "you" how they feel about "your" stupid questions, be it on the internet, or in real life. Got a problem with that? Though. Get over it.

you do have a "flash player". Use the built in web browser that you can find by tapping on "Web".

"App manager" is used to get most of the applications for the N900. You cna find it by tapping "More.." on the application selection screen.

You will also find "Ovi" in there where you can find some other applications.

I also do not understand this part: "can I install apps that are 2008?". N900 has nothing to do with 2008 and it is thus highly unlikely that any app that has 2008 in its title or version description will work.

...I will also hazard a guess and add that iPhone apps will not work on N900. The N900 "phone" only runs apps written for its own operating system, Maemo5 as standard.

V.

Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post

Because some irritated posters don't have a problem telling "you" how they feel about "your" stupid questions, be it on the internet, or in real life. Got a problem with that? Though. Get over it.
That would have been a really killer paragraph if it made sense. I don't think I've ever seen a sentence consisting of the word "Though" before

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Leeds, England
At risk of being the subject of the ire of the friendly community here, I would assume he means OS2008 apps?

Or am I pointing out the obvious there?

Originally Posted by number2301 View Post
At risk of being the subject of the ire of the friendly community here, I would assume he means OS2008 apps?

Or am I pointing out the obvious there?
We guessed that was what he must have meant. We never found out before he left, and he seems to be gone.

I think he wasn't sure what he meant in general, which is why the thread was appropriately titled.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That would have been a really killer paragraph if it made sense. I don't think I've ever seen a sentence consisting of the word "Though" before
That's a grate point man. I think they taught that as early as in 2nd great.

edit: reference added
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-04-19 at 07:39.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
@That One Guy

Leave this thread. No one wants you here, you are not helping anyone, and you are causing unnecessary noise.
I hate it when all of these big shots clog up perfectly good threads they shouldn't have posted in in the first place

Last edited by thefoxtrot; 2010-04-19 at 05:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to thefoxtrot For This Useful Post: