Catalogue Name: Rightware
Web Address: http://www.rightware.com/repository/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: rightware

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to somekeystrokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I just looked over this again. If I open Application Manager and click "Uninstall" It says No applications installed. If I click "Download" it says No Applications available.

Looks like I have a cache list problem or something.

Here's some errors I am getting with apt:

Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/var/lib/apt/periodic# apt-cache search file   
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle_non-free_binary-armel_Packages)
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.geexbox.org_dists_fremantle_main_binary-armel_Packages
You have a duplicate repository for a start. You probably have both the maemo.org and extras repositories configured - delete the extras repository as the maemo.org repository is the standard one now.

As for the other issue - I'd suggest disabling all repositories and exiting App Manager, then going back in and re-enabling them all. That should force a complete wipe & redownload of the repository metadata, which often fixes this sort of issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You have a duplicate repository for a start. You probably have both the maemo.org and extras repositories configured - delete the extras repository as the maemo.org repository is the standard one now.
Thanks Rob1n...I had both too :-)

To the OP, I have had this issue a couple of times as well, I left it for a few hours and then tried again and it seemed to sort itself out, not much help i know but it resolved itself both times.
EDIT..sorry, just noticed your first post was a couple of days ago so it obviously hasn't resolved itself!

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-04-20 at 08:37.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland

As for the other issue - I'd suggest disabling all repositories and exiting App Manager, then going back in and re-enabling them all. That should force a complete wipe & redownload of the repository metadata, which often fixes this sort of issue.
hi
you think only about Maemo Extras or maemo extras-devel and maemo extras-testing too?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida

That did it! Thanx! Hopefully it's back 100%! I didn't want to flash and rebuild! This isn't Windows after all!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
hi
you think only about Maemo Extras or maemo extras-devel and maemo extras-testing too?
Extras-devel and extras-testing are separate repositories, so they can remain. The "maemo.org" repository was introduced with the PR1.1 firmware (I think), so anyone upgrading from an earlier firmware release has ended up with both that and the original "extras" repository (which either had the different name, or wasn't configured by default, prior to PR1.1).