Active Topics

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by danx View Post
same here . don't understand it either ..

my question are ?

i get t mobile to change my data plan to the $10 , they text me a data plan info do i have to add some number to my phone ??

if i get the T zones which i just called them and they say its free on some phone but they can send me a data text . Will i get full access to the internet or they will charge me for what i use. its free but they told me its limited access .? does it matter cuz our phones are so great that it bypasses that .?
The information that was sent to you should include an APN. Use that to setup your access to the internet.

Originally Posted by danx View Post
same here . don't understand it either ..

my question are ?

i get t mobile to change my data plan to the $10 , they text me a data plan info do i have to add some number to my phone ??

if i get the T zones which i just called them and they say its free on some phone but they can send me a data text . Will i get full access to the internet or they will charge me for what i use. its free but they told me its limited access .? does it matter cuz our phones are so great that it bypasses that .?
If you call in using the N900, they will most likely tell you "oh, we're sorry, but you've got a smart phone, so you have to use the smart phone data package". To get around this, either buy a dumb phone or borrow one from a friend, put your sim in it, and call up and ask to switch. If you tell them "oh, I'm using this dumb phone now" and you're not on a contract, they will almost certainly let you switch. Even if you are on a contract, don't be disuaded.

My story: I subsidised my N900 purchase by buying a 2-year contract and HTC TP2 with $20/mo data and $30 voice shortly before the switch the EM+ happened. That meant I was only getting 300 voice minutes. After I got the phone, I bought a dumb phone, and used it exclusively, selling the HTC TP2 on ebay. While still using the dumb phone, having not used the N900 yet, I called and asked if I could get EM+. They told me that although I had to pay a $30 transfer fee, not only could I get the EM+ plan, but that would also mean I would be let off of my contract and I would be able to buy the dumb phone plan for $10 a month, instead of the $20 (even though part of my 2 year contract required I have a smartphone data plan). Anyways, the moral is "ask and you shall receive". Hope this helps.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
well i got lucky . i called t mobile with my N900 and lucky my i got the service from india . hahhhahaha finally something good happen. she didn't know what phone i had .All i told here was that my phone did not get full browsing and only get some .whatever that means . i just told her that and she was . sure sir . anything you want and she change me to the $10 plan. cool. just waiting to see if it works. .. thanks guy. only if it works..

well it doesn't work .. my N900 told me the i need a subscription upgrade and my plan is not compatible. .. is there something i need to do to my phone for it to work .

Last edited by danx; 2010-04-21 at 00:47.

you can manage your calling plan at the mytmobile site. i registered my phone as a nokia 5031 and then could upgrade to the 10 dollar plan on my flex pay account.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
anyone know what i am doing wrong ! i have change my plan and my phone is telling me that i need to upgrade my subscription .. help anybody?
what do i need to do to my phone ?

Try to change your APN. This all T-mo APNs http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs. I believe only one works on $9 plan. You probably have your internet setting on internet2.voicestream.com. So try another one. Only smart phone data plan $25 work on all of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Yeah i pay only 2.99 but then again i've been with t-moblie since they came to los angeles i don't remember what year that was.I am waiting for the higher speed service when that will come who knows!

Yeah i forgot to say i have the full internet as well on that 2.99 deal and 1050 anytime min,nights and weekend with 350 text for a grand total of 51.32 tax including.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by slotti View Post
Funny, when switching from t-zones to unlimited I had a down on the data for a couple hours to I called tech support and the guy goes: "so how do you like your N900".

THAT IS Hilarious ....

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I'd be willing to be that the cheep plan is much like AT&T's cheep plan, only 2G (or 2.5G). But if one has a 3G enabled phone on AT&T and tries to use 3G on a 2G plan, it only gives you 2G.

Every 3G phone AT&T and TM sell they require you to get the 3G package if they're subsidizing it. But they can and will block 3G access if you just drop the sim in that's linked to a 2G plan. Otherwise, why would anyone buy the more expensive plan?

Personally, I have the cheep plan from AT&T as well, and don't mind it, since most of the places I normal go have wifi. And since my phone technically can't do 3G on their network, they have no way to force me to update to the better plan.